Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Baja Designs LEDs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 08:59 AM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Default Baja Designs LEDs?

I haven't read much about them on this forum.
Anyone have them? They are pricey. Baja claims you can change out reflectors and lens yourself and not void the warranty.
How do they hold up to the other manufactures of LEDs?
Im looking at The OnX6 Arc Series LED Light Bar

Thx
Old 11-22-2014, 12:40 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

guess we are all rigid fans lol
Old 11-26-2014, 01:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Baja Designs makes some very nice lights. And unlike Rigid, they incorporate some anti moisture content to rid the lights of moisture build up. Changing the lenses is also very easy and straight forward. I had the opportunity to try and change the lenses out at SEMA this year and definitely took the chance. It's easy, painless and affords the owner of these lights multiple light set ups with a single light bar. Very nice product.
The following users liked this post:
Floridaguy80 (12-02-2014)
Old 12-10-2014, 09:50 PM
Super user

Received 197 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Floridaguy80
I haven't read much about them on this forum.
Anyone have them? They are pricey. Baja claims you can change out reflectors and lens yourself and not void the warranty.
How do they hold up to the other manufactures of LEDs?
Im looking at The OnX6 Arc Series LED Light Bar

Thx
BD is the only light I have found that you can change the lens and not void the warranty. I had a demo of them by a distributor, we were looking for lights for our Lenco BearCat, I used a 50" OnX6 ARC on the roof of it, we will be adding a 60" to each side, a 30" OnX6 on the pushbumper and a pair of Squadron XLR's in the bumper. Just a FYI, this is a tactical vehicle, is armored, has 38MM glass that's hard to see through at night and has been used in some environments that has no light outside of what you bring to the game. We didn't want to compromise quality, and, wanted the ability to change lens's if need be.

I was honestly so impressed with this product, I replaced the Rigid lights on my POV with Baja Designs equipment, I will probably say I made someone's day , as I have a "few" assemblies.

I also liked the fact that you can get different lens colors, different reflectors for beam width's, and the light cutoff is better than the Rigids I was using IMO. I have purchased right at about 10k in their products this year, and have sold quite a few of my customers on their product as well. Shipping is uber' fast, even though these are built to order, not really any "on the shelf" merchandise to be had.

All that said, Rigid makes a good product, but I just didn't want to mix and match products. My Rigid lights never failed, and the quality is certainly there.

Quick Reply: Baja Designs LEDs?