Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Automatic headlights always on?

Old 11-13-2018, 03:19 PM
jp1

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Automatic headlights always on?

The automatic headlights in my 2017 XLT are always on whether it's dark or bright outside. Finally took it to the dealer this week (needed an inspection anyways) and it was originally diagnosed with a bad light sensor. Sensor was then replaced, yet lights still won't turn off. They discovered that if they swap out the aftermarket LED headlight bulbs I installed with regular halogens, the automatic lights work like they should. Anyone else experience this?

The LEDs are Claralux bulbs that I purchased last year.
Old 12-23-2018, 12:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jp1
The automatic headlights in my 2017 XLT are always on whether it's dark or bright outside. Finally took it to the dealer this week (needed an inspection anyways) and it was originally diagnosed with a bad light sensor. Sensor was then replaced, yet lights still won't turn off. They discovered that if they swap out the aftermarket LED headlight bulbs I installed with regular halogens, the automatic lights work like they should. Anyone else experience this?

The LEDs are Claralux bulbs that I purchased last year.
Did you deactivate your daytime running lights? I had the same issue initially, but figured out I had to deactivate them under the settings menus for the automatic lights to turn off during daytime. I got the newest Crystalux LEDs with the fans, fyi.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Automatic headlights always on?