Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Aftermarket Multi-LED Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Multi-LED Tail Lights

I have some tail lights sold by a company called Akkon. Each tail light has a top and bottom set of 12 LED’s that have a dim mode and a bright mode (like when you unlock your door, it’s bright and a couple seconds later, dims down). They use the factory reverse bulb and housing.

They are not functioning correctly. Some LEDs do not light up at all. Some only light up during bright mode. Some are bright at all times.

I feel like I need to replace the electronics in these but not sure where to start. I am not original owner and Akkon can only send new units under warranty as I think their stuff is made in a random factory in China.

Does any any one have experience in this area that could advise??
Old 06-12-2019, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For anyone who may come across this and have an issue where some LEDs in multi-LED tail light are not lighting up, the problem for me was that some LED’s were just no longer emitting light. Something has broken or short circuited internally in the individual LEDs. To fix, I found replacement LEDs online. They were square with four posts and one corner dog-eared known as Pirahna (Foreign Brand) or Superflux (Domestic Brand) LED’s. I got 20 of them for about $10 shipped.

To replace, use a soldering iron to loosen solder that holds each of the four posts to its circuit board then replace with new and resolder.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Multi-LED Tail Lights