Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Additional Lighting Options

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 10:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Additional Lighting Options

So, I'm wanting to add some lights, and I'm wanting to do it for as inexpensive as I can, while still maintaining decent-good quality. Here's my use case and what I'm looking for, so I'm looking for suggestions on what to get.

I have a 2018 F150 SuperCrew XLT FX4 with the short bed. I'm wanting to add some additional lighting in the bed so I can see everything in there from front to back. I also want a light bar on the front. I'm swapping to a Raptor grille insert, but it doesn't have to mount behind it. I'm fine with bumper mounting it if need be. I'm also wanting to add some lighting to the rear of the truck, either in some cubes or small lights, or another light bar. I think the light bar is the least optimal solution for this, and would prefer it to be two cube or small lights back there. I do want to wire these up to come on with reverse, but also have the option to switch them on at will. I do not have a specific need to be able to turn them off entirely.

What lights would be good for the bed? I'm thinking something along the lines of strips of LED's mounted underneath the rail at a 45 degree angle somehow.
What about a lightbar up front? I know the cheap Amazon ones aren't good, at least if you are relying on it for heavy use. I don't want to drop hundreds and hundreds on it (I'm good for maybe up to $2-250 for it...tops. Cheaper is better, as long as it will stay working).
What about reverse lighting? How would I go about wiring it to be tied to reverse or on-command?
Oh, and the wife wants some sort of lighting inside...I call it mood lighting. I'm thinking some LED's mounted under the dash and rear sights, that are tied to the headlights/dash lights as well.
Old 11-02-2018, 03:34 AM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

there is an OEM kit you can purchase for the bed lighting. I believe it’s 4 LED lights(2 front/2back) with a switch. Your bed has factory slots they will mount in including the switch. It can be had for under $200. I plan on doing this in the future. I prefer factory looking mods.

Quick Reply: Additional Lighting Options