Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

2018 Morimoto XB Headlights not aligned?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 11:45 PM

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Default 2018 Morimoto XB Headlights not aligned?

Finally I was able to upgrade from the horrible halogen on my 2018 XLT. I purchased the headlight and fog lights and replaced them at the same time. Complete installation took about 3 hours.
Looks are amazing and look 100 times better then the factory crap they put on these trucks. However the headlights seem out of alignment, at least that is what I am seeing.

20 FT Away from Garage door

7 feet away from garage door

I have haven't contacted the manufacturer yet, since I don't if I made a mistake or not. I know that the fog lights can be adjusted but I am pretty sure that the headlight don't have that feature.

Any ideas what could have went wrong?
Thanks

Old 11-25-2018, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Zippy, I did mine yesterday and they were misaligned as well (almost identical to your beam pattern). There are adjustments on the back. The retrofit source has installation instructions on their website with the location of the adjustment screw locations. Are you having any issues with the passenger side sequencial turn signal? Mine will do a hyper flash at first, it seems to go away if I turn the hazard lights on for a second, but returns after the truck has been sitting.
Old 11-25-2018, 08:27 PM

Hi Rtrain25,

Thank you for the info.. I guess I should read the instructions from begging to the end. Do you know if I can get to the adjust screws while everything is put together? The instructions don't say if that is accessible or not. To answer your question, I do not have any issues with the turn signals. I hate to suggest but have you tried to re-do the connections?
Old 11-25-2018, 08:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zippy83
Hi Rtrain25,

Thank you for the info.. I guess I should read the instructions from begging to the end. Do you know if I can get to the adjust screws while everything is put together? The instructions don't say if that is accessible or not. To answer your question, I do not have any issues with the turn signals. I hate to suggest but have you tried to re-do the connections?
I ADJUSTED MINE with a 5/16 open end wrench. I reached right behind the light easy to get to low beam. My high beam looked good no clue how to reach the high beam.

on a side note the short wires that had like metal doughnuts in them where did you put them and what are they for. I did not install and everything works
Old 11-25-2018, 08:57 PM

I believe you can get to the low beam adjustment with a compact wrench without disassembling everything. High beams are kinda buried, but shouldnt be an issue. Yeah double checked the connectors. I initially thought that’s what was wrong, but apparently a few other people have had the same issue. So idk.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by joelowrider
I ADJUSTED MINE with a 5/16 open end wrench. I reached right behind the light easy to get to low beam. My high beam looked good no clue how to reach the high beam.

on a side note the short wires that had like metal doughnuts in them where did you put them and what are they for. I did not install and everything works
Thank you for the reply. I will give that a try.

are you referring to the sequential cables? I left mine unplugged and just bundled them up with the rest of the cables.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Rtrain25

I believe you can get to the low beam adjustment with a compact wrench without disassembling everything. High beams are kinda buried, but shouldnt be an issue. Yeah double checked the connectors. I initially thought that’s what was wrong, but apparently a few other people have had the same issue. So idk.
Thanks.. I will give it a shot as soon as it warms up a bit.
As for your issue with the turn signal have you tried contacting tech support? These headlights should be coming with a 5 year warranty.

P.S. That is a sweet looking truck. Love the color and the color of your tow hooks. Not to get off subject but did you paint those after the purchase?

Thanks
Zip
Old 11-26-2018, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Zippy83
Thanks.. I will give it a shot as soon as it warms up a bit.
As for your issue with the turn signal have you tried contacting tech support? These headlights should be coming with a 5 year warranty.

P.S. That is a sweet looking truck. Love the color and the color of your tow hooks. Not to get off subject but did you paint those after the purchase?

Thanks
Zip
I’m talking with tech support now so we shale see. Thanks! Yeah I pulled them off and painted them. I did the Morimoto fog lights and the front emblem all at the same time so I just went ahead and pulled the whole bumper. You can pull those tow hook boots out through the front, but it’s only like four bolts to just pull the bumper. So knocked it all out together. My wife came home and said I was ridiculous lol.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:25 PM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

These are my patterns. I thought they were low out of the box and i was twisting away on the screws not sure which way was which. I thought i got them to look even but then I put them on a wall at a movie theater and yeah not so much. I think I need to space them out more and raise up the driver side. Not sure how you all can get to the Low up/down screw; the left/right looks easier.

Low

Highs
Old 11-26-2018, 08:40 PM

[QUOTE=wmarkw;5995734]These are my patterns. I thought they were low out of the box and i was twisting away on the screws not sure which way was which. I thought i got them to look even but then I put them on a wall at a movie theater and yeah not so much. I think I need to space them out more and raise up the driver side. Not sure how you all can get to the Low up/down screw; the left/right looks easier.

To be honest I still had the front grill off when I adjusted mine. I just took a look and yeah the left/right are pretty easy. I couldn’t get a wrench on the up/down.

Quick Reply: 2018 Morimoto XB Headlights not aligned?