Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

2018 F150 Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 09:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2018 F150 Fog Lights

So I am installing a switch panel in my sync console tray area, and I want to put a rocker switch for the Fog lights in there. Can anyone think of a way to do this without interfering with the original switch's functionality?
Old 12-03-2018, 10:58 PM

Received 2,474 Likes on 1,568 Posts

Curious, why a separate rocker switch? Are you going to wire them up so you can power them up even when the other lighting is off for use as work lights or such? Again, just curious.

I kind of have a similar project with the cargo lights. I want to install a kill switch to kill the cargo lights instead of waiting for them to timeout. I gotta get me a manual so I can see where the wiring to the cargo lights go so I can wire in a kill switch inline close to the dash area.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:12 AM

Received 3,165 Likes on 2,194 Posts

Originally Posted by artsr2002
I want to install a kill switch to kill the cargo lights instead of waiting for them to timeout. I gotta get me a manual so I can see where the wiring to the cargo lights go so I can wire in a kill switch inline close to the dash area.
The lights on my 2015 go out when I press the cargo switch a second time. Was this changed after 2015? That would be a dumb 'feature'.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:18 AM

Received 3,165 Likes on 2,194 Posts

Originally Posted by tunatuk
So I am installing a switch panel in my sync console tray area, and I want to put a rocker switch for the Fog lights in there. Can anyone think of a way to do this without interfering with the original switch's functionality?
If you want to control the fog lights from a different location, just install a momentary switch where ever you want, disconnect the wires from the oem switch, and run them to the new location.

If you insist on using a rocker switch and want to use the oem circuitry, you will have to perform two movements of the rocker. Ex. if the oem momentary switch is normally open, you will have to move the rocker switch from off to on to off to get a change in state for the fog lights. Otherwise, you will need to run your own circuit to the lights, or install a logic gate between the rocker and the oem wiring.

Curious: What are you changing the oem fog switch location to control?
Old 12-04-2018, 11:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Flamingtaco
If you want to control the fog lights from a different location, just install a momentary switch where ever you want, disconnect the wires from the oem switch, and run them to the new location.

If you insist on using a rocker switch and want to use the oem circuitry, you will have to perform two movements of the rocker. Ex. if the oem momentary switch is normally open, you will have to move the rocker switch from off to on to off to get a change in state for the fog lights. Otherwise, you will need to run your own circuit to the lights, or install a logic gate between the rocker and the oem wiring.

Curious: What are you changing the oem fog switch location to control?
The OEM Fog switch won't control anything. Whenever possible, I like to keep original wiring in place for if I sell it in the future. I'll probably just tap into the wiring and create a separate circuit to the lights.

Quick Reply: 2018 F150 Fog Lights