Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

2017 TRS retrofit LED newest harness

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 09:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2017 TRS retrofit LED newest harness

So I installed my OEM raptor headlights and used TRS latest generation wiring harness. Everything seems to be working except in my dash the drivers side turn signal hyper flashes. Now the lamp itself is flashing normal, its just on my dash. Any solutions for this?

I am a little disappointed overall. They look great, but I thought there would be a visible daytime running light. The amber ring is not bright enough for daylight really. At least the halogens had a functional day time running light

Also the auto on.off does not work. I dont understand why there has not been a solution to this? Seems like its just a photo sensor that would trip the light on/ off. Why is this not on these retrofits?

Also if anyone else has done this, the right side is the only harness with a 12V power supply correct?

Any helpful input is appreciated.
The following users liked this post:
GM150 (11-28-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 07:34 PM

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Beenjammin
So I installed my OEM raptor headlights and used TRS latest generation wiring harness. Everything seems to be working except in my dash the drivers side turn signal hyper flashes. Now the lamp itself is flashing normal, its just on my dash. Any solutions for this?

I am a little disappointed overall. They look great, but I thought there would be a visible daytime running light. The amber ring is not bright enough for daylight really. At least the halogens had a functional day time running light

Also the auto on.off does not work. I dont understand why there has not been a solution to this? Seems like its just a photo sensor that would trip the light on/ off. Why is this not on these retrofits?

Also if anyone else has done this, the right side is the only harness with a 12V power supply correct?

Any helpful input is appreciated.
I used the Morimoto harness on my conversion. Had the same "hyperflash" issue on the passenger side only. If you have Forscan capabilities you can apply this change in BCM and see if the turn signal hyperflash goes away:
726-27-01 0000 xxxx xxxx

It worked on mine. My Daytime running lights use my low beams, but I'm not a DRL fan, so I used the advanced settings in the cluster setup to turn them off. My auto-on/off also works without issue. Early after install, there were intermittent glitches with mine (DRL and driver's side parking light not operating always in auto mode) but seems to have settled in to pretty flawless operation.

My harness also only taps power directly to the battery on the pass side.

Try the Forscan fix, but the auto lamp should work - might check back in with TRS if things don't work out. Good luck
GM150 (11-28-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 08:06 PM

Default hyperflash

ok.. forgive my ignorance, but my hyperflash was due to thinking the 12v+ was the ground. There are no separate grounds on these harnesses so naturally I thought this was it and the power came in through the existing lights wiring. Everything works well on mine EXCEPT for the daytime running lamps. Since the daytime running lamp feature is activated in the auto on/off switch, only the drivers side will work. I called TRS and they said it is noted the auto on/off does not work, but I understood this to mean the photo switch function and not the daytime running lamp function.

Just know you dont have day time running lamps with these unless you turn your regular beams On
Old 05-18-2017, 08:10 PM

GM150 (11-28-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 07:13 AM

Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts

Looking good.
Old 05-27-2017, 04:21 PM

Did you wind up getting the DRLs figured out in auto-lamp mode?
Old 05-27-2017, 04:32 PM

No. i am unable to get them to stay on. The do come on in auto mode, but the computer detects a light fault and shut the passenger side off. I wish someone in forescan could deactivate the BDM from doing this.
Old 05-28-2017, 03:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beenjammin
No. i am unable to get them to stay on. The do come on in auto mode, but the computer detects a light fault and shut the passenger side off. I wish someone in forescan could deactivate the BDM from doing this.
Yes please help on this issue! I have the same problem with my passenger DRL turning on then off. Need to de code the issue somehow??
Old 05-28-2017, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Wetdreams
Yes please help on this issue! I have the same problem with my passenger DRL turning on then off. Need to de code the issue somehow??
I just turned off my DRLs in the steering console screen advanced settings. Eventually (maybe this long weekend) I plan to use forscan to move the DRLs to my fogs
Old 05-28-2017, 04:49 PM

if the drivers side works, then it should be simple to get the passenger side. Surely there must be a solution. If we can just figure this one DRL on the passenger side, then it becomes fully functional.

I did notice my amber strip does not flash with the turns unless its in parking lights mode.