Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

2015 LED Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 10:10 AM

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Default 2015 LED Install

I am wondering what everyone here has done when installing aftermarket LED bulbs on the 15-16 f150s!?

Reason I ask is because mine work great but the rubber gasket/seal that comes with the headlight cannot close due to the big *** fan of the LED.

Have you purchased a different one for this particular problem!? Have you modified the gasket so it can seal properly!?

I need advise, my headlights are accumulating condensation when it rains whether the truck is moving or parked, need to fix this ASAP.

I'm leaning towards modifying the gasket unless I see a better option. Thanks gents!!!
Old 06-07-2016, 11:17 AM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

Which LED kit did you get? Since you asked what LED kit people use, I personally use the one on my site (duh). I actually tried a different kit when I first bought my truck from another popular F150 LED site online (before I started my company) but I had issues with the bulb flickering. I also had water in my headlight housing since the company provided a replacement cap but it was the same OEM cap with a hole cut out to make room for the fan... so yeah water got in.

I then was sent a kit to try out by an old manufacturer I used to work at, and that's the kit I use today. Works great. It's also what a lot of people here use. I had to fabricate a boot at the time (which I honestly still use) to keep water out but since then I've actually stocked bigger rubber boots that go over them (are you the guy who emailed me about boots actually?)

Other kits people use which are popular are the Raptor Retrofit kits. It's expensive at $1,650 but it's the actual OEM kit Ford uses so it's that OEM quality. Really nice kit but good things come at a price.

Other people I've heard use cheap kits on amazon they get for like $50-$75 and while they install fine, they seem to have issues with blinding people. So I don't (and many others) recommend those cheap kits.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:15 PM

Yes i did buy it off of amazon dont know whether cheap or not, reviews were fantastic and so far no blinding and no problems whatsoever except the boot issue which they didnt provide, just sent LED kit no boot.

My problem is that the boot is open slightly on one side due to the fan being closed to the housing not allowing the boot to go in.

If i cant find a replacement boot for it i'll just mod it myself. Its a company truck so i wont be spending $1600 on it for anything, lights and mats and thats about it.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:15 PM
Banned

Can you post a photo of the back... I'm not sure if you are the person who emailed me but I have available 80mm, 83mm and 90mm (83mm is what you want, although it's a 90mm opening, the 83mm is the best fit, the 90mm will wiggle around and fall off)

For some reason boots are VERY hard to come by, im not really sure why. I had a helluva time finding them when I first went on this mission with LEDs... to the point where I just ordered massive inventory and have lots available now.

The problem I also ran into was everytime I'd order a 90mm set for people, i'd get something different. Some 90mm fit, some did not... so I stuck with 83mm and made sure I got the exact same ones every time, and so far, so good.
Old 06-07-2016, 02:38 PM

No I haven't emailed you. Anyways my lights are fine and in reality the bulb doesn't come out of the house, it's just to close for the inside of the boot to fit as it normally does, getting a bigger boot won't solve my problem I think, unless the boot only attached to the outside of the housing rather then inside/outside as the OEM does.
Old 06-07-2016, 03:04 PM
Banned

Ohh well I had someone email me about boots, thought it was you. Just head over to my site you'll see the boots listed under installation accessories
Old 06-07-2016, 03:08 PM

Cool. Thanks!!

Quick Reply: 2015 LED Install