Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

2015 F-150 Headlight Swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 F-150 Headlight Swap

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and have been searching for a while on headlight swaps for the f-150. I plan on purchasing a F-150 soon, and love the raptor headlights (outer white-portion). I plan on purchasing a 2015 XLT, and want to change my headlights to be similar to the raptor lights. I have read quite a bit about it and can't seem to get a clear answer on if you can use non-halogen lights and get that look. Maybe some of you can help me out and let me know if this is even possible with the base models of F-150.

Thank you.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:54 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

You can go to somewhere like the The Retrofit Source and get a complete kit. https://www.theretrofitsource.com/as...grade-kit.html. The problem is the conversion kit seems to be hit and miss on how well it will work. Also, it's very pricy. There is a thread about filling in the factory wiring and doing it with Forscan but I don't know the specifics in that.

You could also go after market. Anzo, Spyder, Recon, Spec-D and may others make after market headlight kits. The Anzo's are the most popular and seem to have the fewest issues. Then you can add LED bulbs. Do a search and there are plenty of threads on this. This has its own issues as bulbs tend to not last as long or don't put off enough light. You have to figure that out for yourself.

Lastly, there are custom headlights. This would be modifying either an aftermarket housing with better projectors or the OEM halogen housings. If the OEM halogens, you will not get the LED "C" bars that you like. IT may be able to be added but it will nt look quite the same because the builder will use an Led tube bent to work in the space. You do have other options for customizing such as halos and demon eyes. It's all up to you and what your wallet can afford. These tend to be expensive as well but the light output is probably the best.

It would be nice if there was a true option such as it was easy to just add the OEM LED lights and call it a day. Unfortunately there are multiple options and pro's and con's to each.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally i would go with the anzo headlights over oem. you save 1300 bucks and your getting the same style and quality!
Old 02-16-2018, 06:31 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

The OEM Led headlight swap using Forscan is not that difficult. I have not done it myself but have followed the thread closely. User Ryan B makes a harness he sells that makes it pretty simple and then some value changes and that's it. That being said it is cost prohibitive. The OEM lights are easily in the $1700 to $1800 range.

There are aftermarket and as thomasj7186 mentioned the Anzos are the most popular. I have been following them as well and you don't seem to hear about issues with them like in the beginning. You also have the option to get them with the C bars as switchbacks so they blink with your blinkers. That's a plus as It looks pretty cool and makes your truck more visible. The OEM light blink but I think it's only during the day when the headlights are off.

I am at that point I want to pul the trigger myself. The only challenge I am running across is the Anzo's have mixed reviews with how good the projectors are. Some say they are good other say you really need to upgrade them. I prefer to have them fitted with LED bulbs, specifically would like SL1's but those are not made in the correct size. I am also looking to possibly have a good set of LED projectors installed in them. I have nothing against HID but I have run them before and they never were 100% correct. I may reconsider with Hylux can bus ballasts as those are supposed to be the best.

I know that doesn't really answer your question but there are options out there but part of it is what you want to spend, what light output you seek and what level of quality is important to you. Me personally, I know I need to do something as the Halogems are terrible, but there are choices that are not always super simple to make.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:07 PM

Received 893 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by thomasj7186
Personally i would go with the anzo headlights over oem. you save 1300 bucks and your getting the same style and quality!
Anzo = OEM quality??
The following users liked this post:
Summers22 (03-03-2018)
Old 02-25-2018, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like my anzo switchbacks. They look sharp and by converting to hid they are bright!
Old 03-03-2018, 08:02 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Just put some anzos in mine as well
Old 03-23-2018, 07:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Any issues with the Anzos? I really wanted to to OEM Led as well but were talking almost 2 grand!
Old 03-29-2018, 01:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my OEM LED, originally truck came with halogens. I used the TRS harness and its a miss like some people reported. I keep loosing driver side turn signal. I am in process of getting harness from Ryan and do Forscan after. The light output is phenomenal. Way better then halogens. Supposedly Morimoto is coming out with 2015-2017 LED Projector headlights. Watch YouTube video. TRS just showed a prototype for 2018 that Morimoto made. But the release date is not know exactly.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just put anzos in last week. Absolutely love these things. Even with cheapish leds until my Moremoto hid kit gets here. Willing to bet that with hid these will blow away my MS3's factory HID lights
The following users liked this post:
trixi619 (02-23-2020)

Quick Reply: 2015 F-150 Headlight Swap