Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

2012 auto headlamp issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 11:47 AM
Ski Bum

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Default 2012 auto headlamp issue

Looking for some guidance, I have a 2012 FX4 with auto headlamps. Currently have a custom retrofit package. Moriomto halogen to HID conversion harness, Morimoto XB 55w ballasts, Osram CBI bulbs.
**when i have my headlights set on auto, at night, my dash lights will dim as they would when the headlights come on, however they do not. if i flick my high beams for just a split second, the low beams would then come on and stay on.
**as of last night, i can hold my high beams on for any period of time and they are fine, however when i let off of them (headlights turned to on or auto mode) the low beams are on for a split second then turn off. All fuses seem to be fine, tried swapping ballasts, no luck. not sure where to check from here. any guidance would be greatly appreciated. let me know if i'm missing any crucial info. thanks!
Old 06-06-2019, 08:08 AM

Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts

Could possibly be the halogen to HID harness. That seems to be the culprit more times than not when something goes wrong.
The following users liked this post:
RubberDuckie (06-08-2019)
Old 06-07-2019, 07:07 AM
Ski Bum

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I've ordered a new harness, just seems very strange to me that high beams will fire but low beams will not, the only thing moving is the cutoff shield, unless I'm mistaken....?
Old 06-07-2019, 07:15 AM

Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts

You are correct. The only thing moving inside the housing is the shield cutoff. However, your issue sounds electrical to me. Maybe there’s a short. Did you examine your harness and other plugs? I’d be willing to bet something either got wet or corroded.

Just my .02 but I’ll be surprised if the harness doesn’t fix the issue.
The following users liked this post:
RubberDuckie (06-08-2019)

Quick Reply: 2012 auto headlamp issue