Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wdh set up

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 09:08 PM
generalized numbskull

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wdh set up

I went to the cat scales with family and travel trailer attached. Also have the just truck n me weight. i didn't run it with trailer minus wd. What you guys think? Do I need to adjust some stuff?
I'm just going to throw all my info down and hope to get advice. I would get airbags, or some modification, shift my trailer packing, or readjust wdh.
my wheel well measurements [from center of hub]
Not towing
24.25 rear
22 front
Towing 900ish tongue weight
22.25/22.25
23/22.75
thanks guys!

Old 09-23-2018, 11:25 PM

Received 356 Likes on 227 Posts

From the 2nd weight numbers, you have an extra 220 ls capacity to use in your truck.

But, how do you know how much the WDH is doing if you don't have the before WDH and after WDH weight?
Old 09-24-2018, 12:22 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Seems to me you are pretty good. Just maybe a bit more fine tuning. Your rear wheelwell height only dropped 2" under load (with wdh). Not sure what package truck you have, but with my 2018 XLT 4x4, I noticed lots of drop with a rear load. (about 3.5" drop with a 7000 lb trailer, no wdh, 750 lb tongue wt). I would try to get the rear drop a bit less, maybe to 1.75" under load, but more significantly I like to see less increase in the front fender heights. If you are gaining almost 1" in height in front fender, that is where I would focus some of the changes. Probably the steering gets a little less responsive, the alignment setting are off a bit with the higher ride height too. If you can, increase the spring bars tension, such that your front fender height is less than 0.5" higher than when truck is unloaded. Shoot for even less if possible. More spring bar will push the front of your truck down, helping steering accuracy. Might not raise the rear too much, but perhaps a little too. I try really hard to decrease the nose up stance of my truck when towing, it does take a bunch of effort.

Don

Quick Reply: Wdh set up