Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tow mirror question

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 10:07 AM

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Tow mirror question

So im in kind of a dilemma. I have a 2013 f150 stx and obviously stx's dont come with a side mirror blinker. I wanna get tow mirrors soon that have turn signals on them, and im not sure if it'll work with my STX. I have found people saying everything from it'll work to you have to go to a junkyard and rip the wiring harness out of an old one. And i REALLY dont wanna rip the wiring harness out of an old one if i dont have to.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:56 AM

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

If you have power mirrors already, then your truck is pre-wired for heat, turn signal and puddle lights. They're a straight plug & play, but to get them to heat up you'll need a new climate control unit with a rear defrost button.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by HalfTon09
If you have power mirrors already, then your truck is pre-wired for heat, turn signal and puddle lights. They're a straight plug & play, but to get them to heat up you'll need a new climate control unit with a rear defrost button.
thank you! Is the wiring just all zip tied up in the door?
Old 09-22-2014, 07:22 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Location: Midland County Texas, just west of the star in my avatar
Received 879 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisdorazio
thank you! Is the wiring just all zip tied up in the door?

No, if you have power mirrors, then all the wiring is installed in a plug that plugs into your current mirrors. You simply unplug your old mirrors and plug in the new ones.

But you also need some way to tell the heated mirror function to heat. The wiring is there, but not the switch.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by smokeywren
No, if you have power mirrors, then all the wiring is installed in a plug that plugs into your current mirrors. You simply unplug your old mirrors and plug in the new ones. But you also need some way to tell the heated mirror function to heat. The wiring is there, but not the switch.
ah gotcha, im not worried about the heating, just the turn signal. But thanks man, you were a huge help.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just ordered my tow mirrors ..
Old 09-26-2014, 03:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default STX tow mirrors

New to forum. I have a 2013 STX. I'm planning on installing the tow mirrors from 1AAuto. If I want to have the heated mirrors work, could I just install a switch and run wires instead of replacing the climate unit in the truck?

Thanks.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:10 AM
Somethin' Bout a Truck...

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Wow, glad I came across this post. I am wanting to upgrade to tow mirrors as well and thought the best deal was Levitt Ford @ 313 for the pair but that 1aauto has them for $257. Love this forum!

Quick Reply: Tow mirror question