Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tekonsha P3 brake controller

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 11:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tekonsha P3 brake controller

Tonight I took the plunge and took apart the dash enough to get the connector for the brake controller unhooked from cup holder. I also ordered the brake controller from amazon.

Has anyone installed one of these in the 2015? I would like to see if anyone can post pics or describe where they have attached their after market brake controller.

Once I get it installed I will post pictures.
Old 05-07-2016, 09:42 AM
ncz

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Mike, just did the same yesterday! Man, what a pain BUT it does look good. Will try to post some pics. I used a Drawtite 5535 bc. New design with smaller chassis. We had to take the brake control pocket all the way out for it to work. When you do, you will see two holes at the top of the "pocket". We fit the bc bracket to the bc, taped the screws to the bc bracket so they would match the two holes mentioned before and then put the entire bc in the pocket and put the nuts on the mounting screws. That last mounting tang on the console was a bitch to find to remove the front cover for the bc pocket. Sent you a pm
Old 05-07-2016, 10:14 AM
ncz

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Aftermarket brake control

Navy, here are some pics, they may suck, new at photobucket
Attached Images   

Last edited by ncz; 05-07-2016 at 10:18 AM.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:08 AM

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

I don't haul very often so I put some Velcro 0n the bottom of the console and just stick it there,it doesn't have a weight that swings to set the ratio to the brakes,if it did I would have went a different direction to mount,I keep it in the very bottom storage of the jump seat until needed
Old 05-08-2016, 09:31 AM

Default Update

I spoke with a trusted mechanic who owns a very respected mechanic shop and he owns a 2016. He said that the P3 is a great controller for trucks that don't have the ability to have an integrated system. He strongly advised me to get the OEM unit. I will install it myself and then shop around for who will give me the best deal on flashing the computer.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:00 PM

I picked up the brake controller from dealership and had it in the truck in 45 mins.

Dealership will charge me for 30 mins to flash the computer.
The following users liked this post:
BCMIF150 (05-10-2016)

Quick Reply: Tekonsha P3 brake controller