Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Duty style mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Duty style mirrors

I see the aftermarket tow mirrors online for my 2012 F150 but I prefer the look of the Super Duty ones. I have seen F150s with them. Was it only certain years or certain brands?
Old 01-22-2019, 11:09 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Location: Midland County Texas, just west of the star in my avatar
Received 879 Likes on 686 Posts

I mounted Ford OEM tow mirrors similar to these on my 2012 F-150 Lariat:
https://accessories.ford.com/catalog.../category/154/

Mine had power glass and those have manual glass. They look very similar to the PowerScope tow mirrors on my 2019 F-150 Lariat.

And when I look at the SuperDuty tow mirrors, I don't see much difference in mine and theirs.

So I suspect the aftermarket tow mirrors you're looking is the problem. Go with the Ford OEM tow mirrors in the link above and if you can get by with manual mirrors you'll probably be a happy camper . For more money, you can order power mirrors that include heated glass and memory. https://accessories.ford.com/exterio...ror-10320.html

Last edited by smokeywren; 01-22-2019 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:54 AM

Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeywren
I mounted Ford OEM tow mirrors similar to these on my 2012 F-150 Lariat:
https://accessories.ford.com/catalog.../category/154/

Mine had power glass and those have manual glass. They look very similar to the PowerScope tow mirrors on my 2019 F-150 Lariat.

And when I look at the SuperDuty tow mirrors, I don't see much difference in mine and theirs.

So I suspect the aftermarket tow mirrors you're looking is the problem. Go with the Ford OEM tow mirrors in the link above and if you can get by with manual mirrors you'll probably be a happy camper . For more money, you can order power mirrors that include heated glass and memory. https://accessories.ford.com/exterio...ror-10320.html
The F150 PowerScope mirrors have always been the same style as the SuperDuty mirrors (of the same vintage). Up until 2013, the only factory tow mirrors for the F150 were the manual fold/manual telescope like you posted, which are a completely different styling than the SuperDuty mirrros. When Ford came out with the F150 PowerScope mirrors (power fold/power telescope) in 2013, they made them to look just like the SD mirrors of the time. The manual fold/telescope tow mirrors in 2013/14 were the same as the previous years. Last I saw, the OEM 2013/14 F150 PowerScope mirros were ~ $1K EACH. So unless you stumble across some take offs in good shape, the only practical way to get that style mirror is to go aftermarket.

Originally Posted by Missioncruiser
I see the aftermarket tow mirrors online for my 2012 F150 but I prefer the look of the Super Duty ones. I have seen F150s with them. Was it only certain years or certain brands?
The difference is power fold vs manual fold. The manual fold mirrors look like the ones Smokey posted. The powerfold look like the factory PowerScope F150 (SD style) mirrors (see pic below). Haven't looked in a while, but when I was looking into this a while back for my 2012, 1A Auto had a good selection. And if you don't have power fold mirrors, you can get an OEM power fold switch to use. Not sure about now, but at the time there was no aftermarket power telescope option.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Quick Reply: Super Duty style mirrors