Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sleeving OE Door Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 10:31 AM

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Question Sleeving OE Door Mirrors

I'm going to rent a 17' travel trailer and visit beautiful NC. I expect that the OE mirrors do not extend far enough out from the doors to permit a view down the side of the trailer(?) and so I've been pondering alternatives. I am not going to change the door mirrors to longer and/or extendable units because this rental is the first of what will likely be only 2 or 3 more times that I need the extended viewing angle. But I was intrigued to discover that there are vehicle-specific slip-on sleeves available!! This sounds absolutely ideal!

I also realize that there are universal strap-on units, but...well...blechh. If there are vehicle-specific units available, I would much prefer that!

Does anyone have experience with them? And - even better - does anyone have a pair FS?

* * Addendum * *
According to the manufacturer () their mirror sleeves do not fit 2018+ trucks, AND..."**** Custom Towing Mirrors WILL NOT fit onto stock side view mirrors equipped with additional lighting features that are not flush to your mirror, such as LED turn signals, automatic dimming, and puddle lights.
http://products.cipausa.com/product/...assenger-side/

I don't actually have the truck yet so I can't be certain, but I suspect that restriction will apply to me. Grrrr.

Last edited by ronemca; 06-23-2019 at 11:02 AM.
Old 06-23-2019, 09:13 PM

Received 153 Likes on 112 Posts

I do not think you will need anything else with only a 17' camper.
Old 06-23-2019, 09:39 PM

Thanks for replying! I realize the trailer is not very long, but it's the width I'm concerned with. Won't it be (at minimum) 20" wider than the truck?
Old 06-23-2019, 10:02 PM

My camper is 21' long and 8' wide and I was fine without tow mirrors and only the stock mirrors. I wouldn't spend a lot on extension mirrors, if at all.
Old 06-24-2019, 02:20 AM

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

I have those **** mirrors. Not impressed. The mirror glass is small, and the passenger side does not provide the proper perspective. The glass is flat, and only provides a narrow view. That said, the fit is great over the OEM mirror and they're solid when mounted. Take a look at the snap & zap mirrors. They have a larger "glass" with the same concept.

I actually just ordered aftermarket tow mirrors a couple hours ago. Have a decent length drive coming up with the TT, and I need a better view than the ***** give me.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:54 AM

Many thanks! The following will help me to make an informed decision:

On a 1 to 10 scale (for viewing to the rear)...if the factory mirrors are 6, and full replacement $500 towing mirrors are 10, where would the **** ones fall on the scale? What about the ‘snap & zap’?

TIA!
Old 06-24-2019, 06:17 AM

The piggy back mirrors of all kinds vibrate really bad and are hard to keep adjusted so I give them all 7.

Trending Topics

Old 06-24-2019, 06:38 AM

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

The ***** are solid, and I dont get any vibration. That said, they're pretty michnuselss on the passenger side. If the stock non-stop mirrors are a 6, I'd give the **** a 7. You gain a little bit of a view on the driver side. The glass is small so it's not much of a field of view. The snap and zap should be better purely based on the size of the glass, but I have no personal experience.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:54 PM

I haven't actually seen the trailer (that'll be tomorrow) and my truck doesn't arrive til this Saturday. So it's difficult to imagine how the visibility will be until I actually hook it up for the first time. But I realized that I had been thinking about it the wrong way anyway; I pictured myself snapping on those extensions...and then discovering that the OE mirrors did indeed allow me to see down the side of the trailer. But then I realized that -- rather than pulling them off -- it surely couldn't hurt to leave them on there. Even if they add an additional 6% or 6° of visibility, it will only help me in the end! Therefore -- based upon the kind responses in this thread -- I have ordered a pair of Snap & Zap sleeve mirrors.

I shall follow up here with my impressions!

Cheerz!
Old 07-01-2019, 07:52 AM

Received 275 Likes on 239 Posts

How did they work for you?

Quick Reply: Sleeving OE Door Mirrors