Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roadmaster reviews

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Race Red '12 XLT SCrew EB

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Roadmaster reviews

Since over thirty of us recently purchased Roadmaster Active Suspension sytems for our trucks, I was wondering what your thoughts are?

My first impression when I when to lift the box off my front step was, "Wow! These things are a lot heavier than expected." I also thought they were going to be longer. Build quality looks spot on.

Installation couldnt have been easier IMO. Good directions, good fit. My biggest problem was my jack stands. While they were tall enough on their own to support the truck, they were not long enough to allow me to release all tension from the springs. a couple blocks and this was quickly over come. Adjusting the preload was pretty simple. All in all a simple installation that most can do at home.

On the road it seems the RAS cured my wheel hop issue. I tried the white disk setting first and felt no marked difference in ride quality, but the handling seems improved with less body roll and the steering seems more responsive. I didn't notice a drastic improvement in squat, but I didn't measure it to be precise.

black disk setting improved squat and seems to have removed some of the jitters that accompanied my "Offroad" suspension. Rides more like my non offroad did. I don't feel the ride is any stiffer.

Overall I am very satified so far with my RAS. Installation was simple, quality seems to be better than I had expected and it has cured my wheel hop.

To note, I never experienced either of the shudders that many purchased the RAS to cure so I have no input whether this will cure that. But if axle wrap was the cause, this has cured my wheel hop caused by axle wrap.

Last edited by EBinMT; 05-10-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Better OUT then IN

Received 253 Likes on 206 Posts

My review is in the original thread.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Race Red '12 XLT SCrew EB

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

yeah, i just wanted a place where the reviews could be found with out scanning 23,001 pages. lol. Your review is what prompted me to buy. Thanks you.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Rusty Pussy

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Has anyone noticed any lift on either the white disc tension setting or the black disc tension setting?
Old 05-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Better OUT then IN

Received 253 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by EBinMT
yeah, i just wanted a place where the reviews could be found with out scanning 23,001 pages. lol. Your review is what prompted me to buy. Thanks you.
I certainly understand that. Some of these threads get so long, it's hard to get the information you need without reading through "23,001 pages".

Smart move

BTW - your welcome..
Old 05-10-2012, 01:33 PM
A has been that never was

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Im glad this thread was generated. A place for reviews only. That other thread started to suck.

Last edited by PRNDL; 05-10-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:53 PM

Received 117 Likes on 83 Posts

Talking

Originally Posted by PRNDL
Im glad this threat was generated. A place for reviews only. That other thread started to suck.
Too funny
Old 05-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Flareside

Received 78 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Russellm
Has anyone noticed any lift on either the white disc tension setting or the black disc tension setting?
I adjusted mine to the white disc setting and got 7/8" lift when finished.

My truck is a Screw with 6 1/2 box.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:19 PM
A has been that never was

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by DieselDawg

Too funny
Fixed! Sorry. Darn iphone.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:50 PM

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Russellm
I haven't measured my after install height yet since I had to leave for a business trip the day after I installed it, but it is visibly higher in the rear and my head lights were even more useless than normal on my post install test drive.

Quick Reply: Roadmaster reviews