Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

protected identification light bar

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 01:52 PM

Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts
Default protected identification light bar

I've got an 18' dovetail car hauler. my son managed to knock the center clearance light out loading a car with hanging exhaust. I've looked everywhere I can think of to find a replacement. The original had a nice chrome metal cage to protect the lens, I can find the lens, but not the metal protection piece. I'd be willing to replace the entire 3 light cluster with something a bit more modern, but the metal cages seem to have gone away. I guess I can resolve myself to something cheap and easy to change, & just accept that as part of the cost of ownership. The originals have survived since the year 2000. Any suggestions?
Old 08-07-2020, 04:37 PM

Received 3,166 Likes on 2,195 Posts

Optronic Armored Clearance LED

The armored LED's cost about twice as much as regular LED's (with decent output). When updating a trailer, I got a few feet of aluminum channel, cut to length, rounded the edges and drilled to mount Optronics' Thinline Miro-flex LED's. They are a standardized size and very common, the LED's from any mfg will fit the sockets.

These LED's are very bright, and the clear ones are a match for uncoated aluminum channel.

Last edited by Flamingtaco; 08-07-2020 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:10 PM

Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts

That would tick all the boxes, thank you.

Quick Reply: protected identification light bar