Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Propride wdh ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2021, 07:47 PM

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Propride wdh ?

Ok just wondering what do you owners of 2018 f150 3.5 max tow think of a 32ft trailer,thinking about an east to west or grand design payload is 1758. Will the pro pride keep things comfortable
Old 06-23-2021, 08:16 PM

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

I tow a 34 ft TT with my 3.5 EB with the max tow package. I also own a propride which I think is great. They are not lying when they say you won't have sway. As evidence, today I pulled my RV through Texas with some very strong consistent wind with some serious gusts and it did great. I typically tow from 60 to 65 mph, but I can do more to pass and such. The propride does a great job with my setup. You will have to dial it in like any hitch to get the best use out of it...

It's expensive, but worth it. You can sometimes find a used one for sale. Regardless whether you buy it new or used, you still get a lifetime warranty on it. The customer service at PPride is really exceptional. If cost is not an issue and you want the safest hitch, go for it. On the other hand, I have heard a lot of people swear by their equilizers as well so I would explore the options and figure out which one works for you.

As for the payload, you'll be pushing it with that trailer and truck combination. I was porpoising more than I liked (and my wife gets motion sickness so I had to do soemthing) before I added Hellwig Helper Springs and upgraded to E rated tires... These improvements greatly stabilized my towing.

Last edited by ascurr; 06-23-2021 at 08:19 PM.
The following users liked this post:
lyricspap (06-23-2021)
Old 06-25-2021, 08:37 AM
dmd

Received 301 Likes on 213 Posts

I have a Hensley it is the original and the PP is the revised version. I tried several hitches before the Hensley and none worked as well. The wind here in Tx can really push ya around but the Hensley or PP have it feeling like it is riding on rails. Great not to have any possible sway and very minimal pushing.
The following users liked this post:
pioneerlion (06-26-2021)

Quick Reply: Propride wdh ?