Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mixed load ranges on trailer tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 11:56 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Mixed load ranges on trailer tires

Passport RV trailer about 4800 pounds loaded. Dual axle, 4 tires, size ST205/75R14

Upgrading tires from Load Range C, 1760 lbs per tire at 50 PSI to Load Range D, 2040 lbs per tire at 65 PSI

I bought 2 new LR-Ds but 2 of my LR-Cs are only about 2 months old and I would like to get a year or two of use from them. My plan is to use the 2 LR-Ds on the front axle and the LR-Cs on the rear axle. My rational is the front of the trailer has more of the load.

Any major issues with the mixed load ranges? I was also considering using both of the LR-Ds on the curb side as that side seems to hit the worst spots in the road. But that mixes the load ranges on one axle. Comments?
Old 04-03-2017, 12:09 PM

Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Since the C load range could handle the load before their is no problem having two of each. If you know for sure which axle carries the most weight put the D tires there, if not it doesn't matter. It also shouldn't matter (hurt the tires) by putting both D load range on the heavy side