Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with brake module self install in leased F-150

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question help with brake module self install in leased F-150

I am leasing a 2016 2.7 Ecoboost Sport, will be hauling a camper trailer in late July, and just purchased an OEM brake controller on eBay. Looking for the least expensive way to program the controller after I install it and then re-program it back to factory settings after I uninstall the module before the lease return. (plan to sell the module on eBay or this forum).

The YouTube step-by-step module self-install video appears pretty easy. I'd like to try forscan programming especially because I'll have to uninstall the module and re-program the software back to the original state before lease return - I assume the dealer would charge for both.

1) Is there a license fee to download the forscan software to my laptop? Looks like my only other programming cost will be to buy the OBD adapter.
2) Has anyone done this with a leased truck? What were your total costs?
3) Where can I find the best on-line tutorial for using forscan to do the programming?

Thanks in advance ~
Old 06-01-2018, 10:45 AM

Received 158 Likes on 134 Posts

all your Q's will be A'ed here:

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/forsca...ations-349018/
Old 06-08-2018, 11:45 AM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jstorm
3) Where can I find the best on-line tutorial for using forscan to do the programming?
Thanks in advance ~
This is the video I followed. Super easy.

Quick Reply: help with brake module self install in leased F-150