Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First real tow with my Ecoboost

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 10:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default First real tow with my Ecoboost

This weekend I borrowed a Bobcat from a buddy. This was the first time I have pulled it since I got rid of my Cummins and I must say that this engine is strong! Obviously the suspension did not handle it like my one ton did but I was very impressed with the way the Ecoboost pulled it. The entire trailer/load weighs around 10K lbs. I know my Tundra would have struggled with it. What was most impressive to me is how you can actually lug this engine and it just pulls and pulls. I always hated running 5K rpm's in my Tundra to pull hills with a load. If I had any reservations about choosing this engine they are all gone now!
Attached Thumbnails First real tow with my Ecoboost-skid-steer.jpg  
Old 09-16-2012, 11:26 PM

Received 612 Likes on 475 Posts

glad it handled it well! Hard to tell from the pics but kinds looks like moving it further back would have helped out with tongue weight and how it loaded the rear supsension
Old 09-17-2012, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dsg2003mach1
glad it handled it well! Hard to tell from the pics but kinds looks like moving it further back would have helped out with tongue weight and how it loaded the rear supsension
The majority of the weight on a skid steer is on the back side of it. Might be 1 or 2 inches too far forward, but the majority of the weight is over the trailer axles.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:05 PM

Received 612 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by explorecaves
The majority of the weight on a skid steer is on the back side of it. Might be 1 or 2 inches too far forward, but the majority of the weight is over the trailer axles.
that thought just didnt even process last night for some reason...good catch.

Quick Reply: First real tow with my Ecoboost