Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Display error? Wiring issue?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 07:16 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Display error? Wiring issue?

Last night I towed my trailer, nothing new. This morning, the dash kept lighting up, "trailer battery not charging see manual" and it keeps doing it every second and dings every time! It's not in tow/haul mode, the display says trailer disconnected (I checked, it is) but this error is driving me insane! I've never had this issue before and have towed alot with the same truck and trailer.

2015 Ecoboost

Old 02-18-2019, 07:17 AM

I have not checked the manual yet.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:19 AM

Ok I just searched and found a bunch of others have had the same issue. I will try cleaning and drying out the 7 pin connector and using dialectric grease. If that doesn't work I'll see if the Ford dealership will do the update
Old 02-19-2019, 10:47 AM

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts

In addition to drying out the connector I also use some silicone grease on the O-ring as I found mine was dry. Another thing I noticed is the connector mounted on the bumper has some play to it that allowed the harness connector to not fully seat. I had the wife keep pressure on it when I reinstalled the backside and haven't had a problem since.

Quick Reply: Display error? Wiring issue?