Topic Sponsor
F150Forum Store Here you will find a link to our CafePress store where you can purchase all sorts of F150F gear.

Supporting member T-shirt shipping issues ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2022, 05:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Supporting member T-shirt shipping issues ...

Ok. So I get home later today ONLY to find this note from USPS on my door stating that I OWE $2.31 for the T-shirt that was part of becoming a supportive member here. Now I'm no business person (engineering all the way!) but if I wanted to encourage members here to help financially keep this forum up & running by adding some "swag", then I'd make da m m sure that when shipped, any shipping charges would be paid for by the Forum folks and NOT the recipient! If indeed you're losing money by shipping this stuff out to us supporting members, then by all means UP THE FEE to say $30 or so. This way you're keeping your head above water financially. Tomorrow I'll go to the Post Office and pay the $2.31 and retrieve my welcome package. Admins out there ........ is this a common problem or am I the only one that this has happened to? Other members out there ........... has this happened to any of you? Soon to be a VERY active member on this forum as I embark on a full restoration to my original 1992 F-150 ............. Thanks ....... Tim

Old 02-18-2022, 10:51 AM

Received 1,010 Likes on 743 Posts

Good first couple post, welcome.
I can send ya some cleaner for your keyboard too

Free of course.
The following 4 users liked this post by Graygoose2021:
Archangel72 (02-07-2023), artsr2002 (02-04-2023), Katina Papageorge (07-15-2022), oldpainter (05-05-2022)
Old 02-04-2023, 01:03 PM

Received 3,935 Likes on 2,510 Posts

Originally Posted by tpollauf
Ok. So I get home later today ONLY to find this note from USPS on my door stating that I OWE $2.31 for the T-shirt that was part of becoming a supportive member here. Now I'm no business person (engineering all the way!) but if I wanted to encourage members here to help financially keep this forum up & running by adding some "swag", then I'd make da m m sure that when shipped, any shipping charges would be paid for by the Forum folks and NOT the recipient! If indeed you're losing money by shipping this stuff out to us supporting members, then by all means UP THE FEE to say $30 or so. This way you're keeping your head above water financially. Tomorrow I'll go to the Post Office and pay the $2.31 and retrieve my welcome package. Admins out there ........ is this a common problem or am I the only one that this has happened to? Other members out there ........... has this happened to any of you? Soon to be a VERY active member on this forum as I embark on a full restoration to my original 1992 F-150 ............. Thanks ....... Tim

I've never had to pay shipping charges and I've recieved 4 or 5 t-shirts, 2 ball caps and 2 drinking glasses for being a supporting member.
Old 01-24-2024, 11:45 PM

Well here it is almost TWO years later and guess what ............. got hit up for more postage AGAIN in order to receive my F150 t-shirt . Who is responsible for shipping these out to us supporting members? Will this be a continuous problem? I'll contact the admins and see what they have to say. Just thought I'd share this with all of you again.
Old 02-02-2024, 01:25 PM
Administrator

Received 1,689 Likes on 591 Posts

I'm sorry you've had that happen! I'd recommend contacting USPS to find out why they're charging you additional fees. Of the hundreds of items sent to supporters, this is the first I'm seeing anything like this.
Old 02-02-2024, 01:48 PM

Received 2,999 Likes on 1,669 Posts

Well...I see you haven't moved anyway!
Old 02-03-2024, 12:27 AM

Thanks guys for the replies. Will inquire about that soon when I find some spare time. Yep, haven't moved in 34 years and will likely stay put till dooms day!
Old 02-03-2024, 06:56 AM
in the house

Received 1,357 Likes on 783 Posts

They still send shirts? I've not got one for a while...thought that was a thing of the past.

Quick Reply: Supporting member T-shirt shipping issues ...