Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seeking advice on vacuum/pcv routing for my turbo setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 12:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Seeking advice on vacuum/pcv routing for my turbo setup

I'm wrestling with the possible options of how to properly vent my crankcase with my setup. The motor is a 2006 5.4 3v with a gt35 turbo. Ive tried check valves, catch cans, plugging the driver's side intake nipple and running a breather on the driver's side valve cover nipple. I've tried putting a check valve in line from the driver's side valve cover to prevent boost from pressurising the crankcase (I know I have a pcv valve under the cover but didn't want to rely on it to keep out 8-10 lbs of boost. These are just some of the methods I've tried. Either way I have quite a bit of blow by and all circumstances either lead to oil being spread throughout my engine bay or suspected improper crankcase ventilation. I also suspect I'm getting high crankcase pressure because my oil return for my turbo I suspect is filling up with oil because I've already blown the seals on my first turbo. Any ideas or prior experience with this particular situation would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Seeking advice on vacuum/pcv routing for my turbo setup