Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SAWMAN556's 07 XLT 4x4 build thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 03:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default SAWMAN556's 07 XLT 4x4 build thread

I thought I would post this here for anyone interested in reading my nonsense. It actually started in the 04-08 forum so if you want to read more about my mods you can. Or just move along if you really don't give a s**t.

https://www.f150forum.com/f4/07-scab...ft-pics-97992/
Old 10-04-2011, 03:52 AM

Today I installed my Troyer under-pulley and I mounted my e-fans. The pulleys went pretty smooth and it seems to be running well. I didn't really get to drive it because my fans aren't wired up yet. The wiring will get done later today and then I'll be able to give you my evaluation. The Troyer kit is expensive but it seems to be of real high quality. The kit comes with pretty much everything you need, except the tools, and is neatly put together. The directions are pretty decent but could be better. The pics in color would help some. Here's some crap cell phone pics. I'm still waiting for my Magnaflow kit, full size spare, Tiregate bed mount and Bilsteins to show up sometime this week.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:38 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

Nice!... I'd like to do the efan thing.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good where did you find those fans at

Thanks
Kyle
Old 10-05-2011, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by F150Gamer
Looks good where did you find those fans at

Thanks
Kyle
http://www.troyerperformance.com/cgi...no=PPI-EFK1604
Old 10-05-2011, 01:34 AM

Well I got the fans wired up this afternoon. Hardest part was determining the correct wires to splice into in the black box. A colored photo and wiring schematic would have made it much easier. When you're talking about different color wires and using black and white photos, it pretty much blows. Especially since there are 2) red/white stripe and 2) gray/white stripe wires in the box. And trying to describe which are which over the phone with Troyer was like a Chinese fire-drill. However, I must say the guys at Troyer are great and very helpful. Awesome customer service in my experience with them. I just think their install directions could be a bit better because not all of us know these trucks as well as they do.

My only other gripe is with the temp probes that go into the radiator fins. They do not fit as snug as I would like. IMO, they need to address this issue as well. I will figure something out that I feel comfortable with.

I still have to clean up the wiring and adjust the controllers for the correct temp this evening. Then I can get my truck back on the road and see what the results are.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:22 AM

Well, the e-fans and under-pulley is done. I'm happy with the results. There is a big improvement in throttle response. I'm not sure about how much rwhp I got from it but it does feel like there is less drag on the motor. The truck just feels a little more free, if that makes any sense. I just filled up my tank, tonight, so I'll see if I got any MPG gains this week. And the AC will make your nipples hard in a matter of seconds.

The rest of the fan mod played out here if anyone is interested.

https://www.f150forum.com/f4/motorcr...cs-vid-114646/

I will be installing my TireGate bed-mount tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:27 PM

Installed my Tiregate bed mount today. Pretty simple job but you'll need a friend to help with the install. I replaced the hardware it came with, with stainless. I'm still waiting for my full-size spare to get here. Had the bed Line-X'ed last week.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:34 AM

The spare tire is in. Sorry about the crap pics. I'll break out the good camera when I'm done all my mods.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:37 AM

I made a 1/4" aluminum plate to cover up some of the gap left from removing the fan shroud. I drilled and tapped the frame and fastened it with 5/16-18 x1" stainless steel bolts.

I also changed out the thermostat with a Stant 180. I set my low side fan for 188 and the high side for 196. My truck is running great but I'm still waiting to see if I made any MPG gains. I have been letting my truck idle for hours with setting the controllers for the e-fans so this tank of gas won't tell me anything.

Last edited by SAWMAN556; 10-18-2011 at 03:42 AM.

Quick Reply: SAWMAN556's 07 XLT 4x4 build thread