Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rawr's BFM RCSB

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rawr's 2012 BFM RCSB

First post is a build thread, cool beeeeaaansssss

My first time ever with any halfway decent vehicle, coming from the world of wbodys such as Grand Prix's as i had a semi built one. This was a great change.

So I broke up with my gf so perfect time to buy a truck right? Duh. Backstory. Took it for a test drive one afternoon, thought i felt a vibration at highway speed. Brought it back and told the sales guy. He said he would run it through service and have them check it out and basically just take off whatever off the price to fix it. Cool sounds good right? Well I go back the next day or so with my roomate so I could get his opinion, didn't notice the vibration anymore so maybe it was in my head. As we are coming back to the dealer, (granted they closed in like 10min from when they called) sales guy said he needs the truck back he has another dude looking at it. Mother****er, hell if I'm gonna let this thing go easy I fell in love with it pretty much. Asked him if there was any way he could hold it till monday when I get my day off. Said no cuz its used. Fawkkkk. So we get back to the dealer and the other guy takes it for a spin. Soon as he leaves I bug him with "how interested is the other guy in the truck" he might have been blowing smoke up my *** but he said very and that the guy was probably going to buy it. ****. So I ask him what it'll take to get me in it tonight. I didn't have my down payment with me in cash form or checks cuz what 22 year old has checks right? Told him I have 5k in my checking account and my roomate told me he used his debit card when he got his truck. So I asked the guy how much they can take from a debit card he told me 2k, I asked if he could talk to his manager about it. So he did, mind you I already got preapproved for the loan through Chase and the dealer had that information so they knew i was serious. Manager comes out and said they can send me home with the truck today, I just need to come back opening tomorrow with the other 3k. Suhweet, signed a few papers got insurance, temp tags and I was out the door with the truck about an hour later.

I also feel like I got a pretty good deal on the loan too considering my very limited credit history. Basically Chase got me for 48 months @ 3.14% interest. Apparently my credit score was like low 700s, which I thought was interesting considering I've only just started using anything credit related in 2017 starting March like for the apartment we are in, financing my phone through verizon, my credit card are basically the only 3 things.

2012 F150 STX
Regular Cab Regular Bed
5.Bro no lame ecoboots
2WD
44k miles
Paid 14.9k
Was like 1 or 2 owner, stayed in the Dayton area basically its whole life. I imagine some old dude had it.

On the lot at the dealer

Dealer prepping it for me to take home about an hour after they closed

Roomate in the wonderful LaCrap behind me driving off the lot with it.

First night back home

Last edited by Rawrso; 03-20-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:38 PM

hit the character limit so continued...
More random pics, I love the color of this thing

Literally a couple days later 18% tint and removed the side steps and plate holder even tho ohio needs a front plate I aint care.

With me getting the truck I was giving the LaCrosse my mom gave me back to her, or well to my sister as a christmas gift because her **** *** 3.4 monte carlo sucks all the dicks. Decided to car dolly it up to michigan, which NEVER AGAIN I'll get the car trailer next time.

Old 03-20-2018, 10:32 PM
El Borracho

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Congrats on your new purchase. You def got a great deal considering you did not attempt to negotiate much.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:29 AM
TOTM Sept. '18

Received 3,057 Likes on 1,685 Posts

RCSBs are so usual these days I'll buy in to the dealers story about how they had another buyer on the hook. A 2012 STX RCSB with a 5.0 and only 44K on the clock is going to be nearly impossible to find a comparable truck to know the true value. I think the OP did fine. Have any plans for mods?

EDIT: Read your post again and it said a tint and remove the running boards for starters. Good move!

Mike

Last edited by OCMike; 03-21-2018 at 08:40 AM.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:45 PM

I have a lot more to post, just have a limit and need approval so it takes a bit for it to update.

For Christmas I got myself a super cheap ebay tonneau cover for like $130, install went great. It was only like 0 outside and I lost feeling in my hands but its worth it in the end right?

I bought a cheaper flowmaster outlaw exhaust which basically is a before the axle dump, and a factory remote start kit. The remote start cost me $124, getting the key cut tomorrow for $5 and programmed and literally just plugs in with 1 plug and done. I was able to use FORscan and enable the remote start funtion in the BCM and give me options for it in the DIC saving me about $120 at the ford dealer for them to activate it.

Well, the dump doesn't fit reg cabs. Flowmasters website never stated this as they say it fits all wheelbases . Had to have an exhaust shop do some welding. Even got in contact with flowmaster and they claimed I was the only person to have an issue and basically told me to buzz off

also picked up a set of 275/55/20 Pirelli Scorpion tires for $100, didn't think it was a horrible deal should last me a couple years.

picked up a lower grill insert for Ecoboost trucks to fill in the front bumper a little.

Well bought some new wheels

Last edited by Rawrso; 03-22-2018 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:49 PM

Put on a set of black headlights i got a couple weeks ago, they need restored they have some nasty scratches in them. Then a set of factory black tail lights.

Wheels on

Old 03-22-2018, 03:50 PM

Hellwig rear sway bar kit installed. Made a huge difference, down the road I'll be getting the matching front bar.

Old 03-22-2018, 03:54 PM

Pretty much where its at right now, plan on getting a new radio and box for some subs i have along with a 2" drop shackle.

Also made a DIY divider out of a 2x6 and some carpet

Old 03-22-2018, 04:20 PM
SSDD

Received 1,611 Likes on 1,125 Posts

Pretty nice little truck. I like it
Old 03-22-2018, 04:35 PM

Received 645 Likes on 352 Posts

Congrats on the new RCSB. Good pics for your first mods as well, sets your truck apart from the pack for sure. I'm a fan!

Quick Reply: Rawr's BFM RCSB