Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OCMike's RCSB Guard Metallic 5.0 Build

 
Old 02-01-2019, 10:00 AM
  #741  
TOTM Sept. '18
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
OCMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Osceola, Indiana
Posts: 3,152
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,000 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Abel Coyote View Post


thanks for the reply

Iím thinking of going with a similar setup but I was looking at their single inlet/exit 4Ē muffler. I believe the one you got would flow better once open though, especially if I make it a true dual exhaust. Are both 3Ē openening straight through once open?

Impatiently waiting for the install lol
Yes, it is straight through with the baffles open. You can pretty clearly see if you skip to 5:20 in the video. I'm getting very anxious too get it done.

OCMike is offline  
The following users liked this post:
johnday (02-01-2019)
Old 02-01-2019, 03:53 PM
  #742  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 33
Likes: 0
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by OCMike View Post
Yes, it is straight through with the baffles open. You can pretty clearly see if you skip to 5:20 in the video. I'm getting very anxious too get it done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPVIZ6Ekiko
I canít believe I missed that!
Iíll probably go that route too since Iím trying to get an exhaust with the least amount of backpressure possible for a turbo kit Iím building. Should sound good!
Iíll add a pic of my truck that I bought a couple months ago

Abel Coyote is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 04:41 PM
  #743  
Tommy
iTrader: (1)
 
Firerunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Greenville, North Carolina
Posts: 4,133
Received 1,556 Likes on 1,116 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Abel Coyote View Post

Iíll add a pic of my truck that I bought a couple months ago

NICE!!!
Firerunner is online now  
Old 02-01-2019, 05:09 PM
  #744  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 33
Likes: 0
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Firerunner View Post
NICE!!!
thanks!

My favorite part is when the lights are on haha


Abel Coyote is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 07:02 PM
  #745  
TOTM Sept. '18
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
OCMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Osceola, Indiana
Posts: 3,152
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,000 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Abel Coyote View Post


I can’t believe I missed that!
I’ll probably go that route too since I’m trying to get an exhaust with the least amount of backpressure possible for a turbo kit I’m building. Should sound good!
I’ll add a pic of my truck that I bought a couple months ago


Great looking truck..Love the stance! Nice looking house too, that style of architecture is sweet.

If you have time post some pictures in the Regular Cab thread.

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/offic...6/#post6076915

Mike

Last edited by OCMike; 02-01-2019 at 07:04 PM.
OCMike is offline  
Old 02-02-2019, 02:21 AM
  #746  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 33
Likes: 0
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by OCMike View Post
Great looking truck..Love the stance! Nice looking house too, that style of architecture is sweet.

If you have time post some pictures in the Regular Cab thread.

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/offic...6/#post6076915

Mike
thanks for the kind words!

And I will looking forward to the rest of your build. Itís an amazing truck!
Abel Coyote is offline  
Old 02-03-2019, 12:08 PM
  #747  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 33
Likes: 0
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by OCMike View Post
Couple of shots of the coilovers.






Mike
Iím looking to upgrade my suspension and this was one of my options. Are they adjustable? I narrowed it down to these or the Viking shock/struts
Abel Coyote is offline  
Old 02-03-2019, 12:40 PM
  #748  
TOTM Sept. '18
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
OCMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Osceola, Indiana
Posts: 3,152
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,000 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Abel Coyote View Post


I’m looking to upgrade my suspension and this was one of my options. Are they adjustable? I narrowed it down to these or the Viking shock/struts

Yes...if you get the DSC option they have fast and slow adjustable dampening. I think however they are valved for heavier trucks because even at the softest setting the ride is very firm. In the picture at the lower right you can see the adjustment *****. A few people have asked me about the rub mark on the hose, that was from shipping.

I've considered looking into having them re valved for a better ride, but are living with them for now.

The handling with them is fantastic almost no body roll.

Mike

Last edited by OCMike; 02-03-2019 at 12:43 PM.
OCMike is offline  
Old 02-03-2019, 05:43 PM
  #749  
Senior Member
 
RayoVac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Bremen, Indiana
Posts: 345
Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by OCMike View Post
Yes...if you get the DSC option they have fast and slow adjustable dampening. I think however they are valved for heavier trucks because even at the softest setting the ride is very firm. In the picture at the lower right you can see the adjustment *****. A few people have asked me about the rub mark on the hose, that was from shipping.

I've considered looking into having them re valved for a better ride, but are living with them for now.

The handling with them is fantastic almost no body roll.

Mike
When you talk about thinking they were intended for heavier trucks? Are you thinking like us Crew Cab guys or superdutys etc.?
RayoVac is offline  
Old 02-03-2019, 06:07 PM
  #750  
faketurbonoise^TM
 
nubbins_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 489
Received 173 Likes on 130 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RayoVac View Post
When you talk about thinking they were intended for heavier trucks? Are you thinking like us Crew Cab guys or superdutys etc.?
Super Duty doesn't take coilovers. RCSB is light compared to 145" WB and tends to bounce around.

This all has me thinking because mine on stock rides like absolute caca and I don't know how to fix it. Thinking Bilsteins will be too firm.
nubbins_ is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OCMike's RCSB Guard Metallic 5.0 Build


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: