Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My First Build

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First Build

So it begins!! I bought a 2017 XLT this past Jan, it had 173 miles on it.

Old 11-23-2018, 08:03 PM

As soon as I got home i got online and ordered a front and back set of weather tech floor liners. Then started thinking what else i was going to change. I always liked the look of a set of roll bars, but i could not for the life of me find a set for this truck. But i kept seeing sport bars and slowly started getting sold on them. So i ordered a Go Rhino Sport bar 2.0 and so far i like it.

My buddies at work love to call it the Avalanche ( which def was pissing me off at first but now i just call it my avalanche). I Knew i wanted lights to go on top of it but could decide on what to do with it originally I was going to put 5, 6inch KC light on top but wasn't so sure that would look right. So i decided to come back to that later after thinking about it for a while. I eventually decided to go with a 40in led bar which should be here around weds. Now for the front side of this truck i never did like the grill, something about it just hits me the wrong way, so it had to go. I went with the Rough Country mesh grill w/30in led and got a set of smoked headlights at the same time (fig if i have to take it apart might as well change both at the same time.

If you look at the RC emblem u might notice my dumb *** put the grill together backwards. Well i noticed after i was finished and it was getting late so i left it for the time being. I was thinking of taking it back apart and painting the outer part of it to match the truck.

Last edited by Flip; 11-23-2018 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-23-2018, 08:03 PM

I put a 2 in leveler on it and a set of rims, i went with a set of 18x9 rockstar matte black rims.

Now well sitting back trying to decide what tires to put on the truck and what size the tail light kept sticking out at me. I couldn't get over how they were now starting to stick out. So off to the google machine i went again, looking for a set of taillight. I really like the smoke Anzo tail lights but smoked lights are illegal around here ( i know i have the head lights but i found out because of them) and i don't want to spend the money just to have to take them off in a month or so. I dont really care for the one that are clear lenses so i kept hunting until i found a youtube video that showed a set of cover i thought was perfect for my truck.

Now that dam 4x4 sticker has to go i almost took it off tonight after putting the covers on but it cold out tonight so hoping tomorrow it will be warmer or i busting out the heat gun and there going bye bye.

So thats were she sits for now but i have the led bar and a new exhaust coming this next week so next week end i will be spending some time in the garage with her. Still trying to figure out what to run for light switched ( might do the up fitter swap). The bumpers are def going and i might take the running boards off and get them painted black or powder coated.
Old 11-23-2018, 10:32 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I like the look so far !

what size tires are you thinking about ?
Old 11-23-2018, 11:21 PM

I was thinking 33 or 34s not sure what I can fit in the wheel wells. but still kinda deciding if I'm going to lift a bit . Def not any higher then 4in tho.
Old 11-23-2018, 11:26 PM

Received 158 Likes on 109 Posts

https://www.ecoological.com/bumpershellz.html

look into this for the bumpers!!
Old 11-24-2018, 09:18 AM

Thanks for the link S.Trooper JD. First time seeing those. Might just order a set. Was thinking of wrapping them in black vinyl but I'm sure that will have a better look.
Old 11-24-2018, 02:14 PM

Received 765 Likes on 462 Posts

Sweet looking truck. I have the same tail light covers. I'm into the all black thing so I changed out my bed sticker for a matte black FX4 sticker. I think it would look even better on your truck with the all black rack and rims.
Old 11-25-2018, 12:43 PM

Well I guess it's to late in the season to hope for a warm day. So I busted out the misses hair dryer and went to town removing the 4x4 stickers this morning.

i was thinking of the matte black 4x4 stickers like your truck Killin time but fig I would keep it plain for now. But u nvr know later it might tell me it needs it.
Old 11-25-2018, 12:46 PM

Now that I'm making this comment the wheel wells are sticking out. I better get on ordering well liners and deciding on what tires to go with. I want a aggressive look when finished but still drive mostly black top anyone have a good suggestion. They are 18x9 rims.

Quick Reply: My First Build