Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My '01 Supercrew Progress

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 05:22 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Default My '01 Supercrew Progress

I don't have anything crazy done to my truck, but I figured I'd make a build thread so myself and others can see the progress.

This is the day I brought her home last July. 65,000 miles and completely stock.

First things I did to it was the Gott's mod, added a Flowmaster 40, and did the fog light with parking lights mod.

Next I smoked the tail lights

I clay bar'ed and gave her a nice wax last fall.

I added some Harley replica Headlights in the spring time and added some city lights.

I added a LEDGlow Line of fire over the winter.

Last weekend, I finally took off the running boards. They were good winter protection.

Tomorrow I get some new goodies I bought wheel spacers for the stock wheels. I'm eventually going to buy some Mickey Thompson Classic ii wheels, but I can't afford wheels AND tires right now, and I don't really mind the stock wheels, I just hate the offset. I'm going to be getting some 285/75r16's in a couple weeks if money allows.

I also got a set of Mirrors from an '04 Expedition that I'm going to bolt on and wire up Saturday if I have time. I've been wanting to fab up some Super Duty mirrors, but I found out that spare time is very limited when you have a house and a real job, lol.

Future plans:
Lund Moonvisor
New tonneau cover
Wheels
Dual Exhaust
Running Lights
Depo Fog lights
Westin Bull Bar
Would like to find N'fab nerfs

Couple more pics:

My main use for the truck

My old girl with the new one

Last edited by XC_Racer_129; 05-10-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:24 PM

I think I fixed all the typo's...this little guy keeps running across the keyboard.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:32 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks like you've got more money into that trx there haha
Old 05-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Romp It!

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Do the 04 expedition mirrors fit on with any fabbing?
Old 05-12-2012, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by JCT1990
Looks like you've got more money into that trx there haha
Haha, that's my money pit...well my other money pit lol. That's just about how I want it, so now it's time to play with the truck.

Originally Posted by Almighty
Do the 04 expedition mirrors fit on with any fabbing?
I actually just got them today, so I didn't get to mount them yet. I'm planning on doing that in the morning. I just need to figure out the wiring. I got the mirrors with signals, puddle lights, and heated, so there are about 10 wires vs. 3 on the F150 mirrors. Wiring won't be hard, I just need to know what wire does what haha.

The connectors are different, but the bolt holes are the same. I'll post some pics tomorrow
Old 05-12-2012, 12:42 PM

Yesterday I was able to put on my wheel spacers. They make the truck look much nicer. The tires are just about even with the sides, which is exactly what I wanted! I got it up to about 75mph, and there is no vibration at all.

Before:

After:

I also bolted on the Expedition mirrors this morning. I didn't get to wire them up yet. I don't have time today, but I'm hopefully going to be able to work on it through the week. I still need to figure out what all the wires are for, I just need to do some research when I have the time. I love the look of the mirrors and the visibility is much better! I'm happy with the results.

I had to do some VERY minor trimming around the bulged area under the mirror. The base is about 1/8 bigger then the Supercrew mirrors, so they don't sit perfectly, but it's about as perfect as you can get for mirrors that don't belong on this truck.

Side by side comparison:

This is where I had to trim. The base is slightly larger, so it lays over the rubber molding rather then sitting in front. I had to shave maybe a 1/16" off with a pocket knife, and it lays pretty flat. These are Kool Vue replacement mirrors, OEM's may be slightly different...

I plan on doing a full write up in the 97-03 section once I wire everything in place. I'll use a real camera too, I've just been using my phone.

Last edited by XC_Racer_129; 05-12-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Quick Reply: My '01 Supercrew Progress