Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mitchvhoff's 2ThousandF1

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 08:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default mitchvhoff's 2ThousandF1

Picked up this really nice 2000 Ford F-150 XLT from a local Ford dealer who was being bought out by an even bigger Ford dealer. They listed the vehicle for $8,400, after a month it went to $7,400, then to $6,800 just a few months before they had to get everything off their lot so I offered $6,000 and drove it off the lot.

Completely stock truck with 123,000 miles, body and interior is very clean other then two rust bubbles starting on the rear rockers on the bed.
Truck was purchased new by the Ford dealership which they used it to run their parts from city to city.

I'm not sure how far I will take this project as its my weekend get away and tow rig. Enough talking... here is the truck!

Have not really been a fan of the two tone, but it is growing on me.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:19 PM

It took me nearly a week to do as I could only do a little bit here and there after work, but finally finished undercoating my truck last night.
I used an oil based paint called Rustoleum Rust Preventer, and for the area's that I could not hit with a brush I used their spray can.

Final results;
Driveside rockers where replaced, so I decided to coat them and help prevent them rotting.

Passenger side is shot, so I just painted them and it blends in with the frame so it is not noticeable at all.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:24 PM

Did some odds and ends today;
SVT headlights
Painted taillights
Painted honey comb grille
Ford emblem Overlays