Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 Magnetic Metallic F150 XLT FX4 LED Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 07:50 AM

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2016 Magnetic Metallic F150 XLT FX4 LED Upgrades

Just a few recent pictures and some changes/additions I made.

I recently finished converting the rest of my exterior bulbs to LED. So now, every one of my exterior bulbs is LED, front and rear turn signal, high/low beam, fog lights, third brake light, cargo lights, brake lights, license plate lights. For my front signal, I used JDMastar switchback LEDs. I’ll try to take some pictures both during the day and at night to post here of all the lights.

I had Opt-7 low beam LEDs and some cheaper LED fog light bulbs for almost 2 years, and just swapped out the Opt-7 for Hikari low and high beam bulbs, and I’m impressed so far. They seem a good bit brighter than the 2 year old Opt-7s and have a nice, bright color. One of my fog lights recently went really dim also, so I’ll be ordering some new bulbs for those too and changing them out.

Has anyone put 9005 bulbs in place of the factory H10/9140 bulbs for the fogs? I’ve read that they’re pretty much interchangeable and there are a lot more options for 9005 bulbs rather than the H10/9140, so just wondering if anyone’s done this. Seems to me the 9005 would be better/brighter than the H10 since the 9005 is the high beam bulb type also.

Took it on it’s first true off roading experience and couldn’t be more pleased with the way she handled it
Old 01-30-2019, 07:22 PM

Received 486 Likes on 288 Posts

Truck looks good I'd like to see the white switchbacks on your truck. Been debating on doing some but haven't cause of the amber tow mirror lights. I did 9005 led lights in my fogs and they work great.

Quick Reply: 2016 Magnetic Metallic F150 XLT FX4 LED Upgrades