Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Boss Coilovers/Rear reservoir shocks

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 04:34 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 2015 Boss Coilovers/Rear reservoir shocks

Any comments/advice/questions welcome. 2015 f-150 Lariat. Boss coilovers, Boss rear reservoir shocks, 2" block in the back, 20x9 fuel mavericks, 35x12.50r20 fuel gripper MT's.
The following users liked this post:
SURF150 (06-14-2016)
Old 06-14-2016, 06:51 AM

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts

Nice truck man. I just got the Boss ultimate kit about 6 weeks ago, don't have the resevoirs tho. You been happy with it so far? I've been loving the ride since it went on.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:27 AM

Man, to be completely honest, it rides almost as good as it did brand new all stock. I can definitely feel every little road imperfection from the stiffer springs up front, but they truck takes them much better overall now. I drive to work everyday in Louisiana and I am doing 50-60 mph down a beat up highway and cross about 6 different railroad tracks, and it takes all of that much better. The rail road crossings used to throw me all over the place but it goes right across them now and stays planted. I don't know how much of a difference the rear reservoir shocks make compared to the regular ones, I just wanted something different than everyone else getting the BOSS kit had. Maybe Alex with F150lifts can shed a little light on the difference between the regular and rear reservoir shocks for us. I don't know how to tag him
Old 06-14-2016, 03:50 PM
Ambassador of Aloha

Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts

Looks great! I agree with your assessment of the Boss setup's ride. I don't have the rear reservoir shocks, however – just the standard non-reservoir. This past weekend, I did a 600 mile roundtrip with them (and new 285/65/20 BFG K02's) and they were awesome. I got to do an 11 mile off road trail that had combined washboard and loose gravel conditions, and the truck felt really stable; not nearly as bouncy as the stock setup. I didn't do more than 25 mph on the trail (tight, twisty turns plus wife and friend in cabin and the bed was loaded with gear).

What height are your front coils set to? Did you add a rear block, also? Mine are at 2" with a 2.5" rear block to maintain a healthy rake. I need to go re-measure the difference, but I think I still have about a 1.5" rake.

Also, how's the tune working out? Would love to hear a longer term report on it; maybe 1 yr out.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:10 PM

I have had the tune about 2 months without a single issue. with the intake and downpipes, it really woke her up. I still have the stock exhaust though cause I don't really wanna hear a v6 rev up. I have them set between 2.5-2.3/4" up front with a 2" block in the back. I wanted a little more leveled out look cause I don't really tow much. little off road at the hunting camp but mostly beat up Louisiana roads and construction sites. I am perfectly happy with the set up.
The following users liked this post:
SURF150 (06-14-2016)
Old 06-14-2016, 04:35 PM

Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts

Are they close to rubbing now that you have the 35's? I'm in trying to decide between a slightly positive offset, like yours, and a 0 offset. Possibly the mavericks also
Old 06-14-2016, 04:57 PM

man. they aren't rubbing at all anywhere. I am gonna sell these if you are interested. I went with an all gloss black wheel with a negative offset. just ordered them about an hour ago. about an inch total less offset. gonna have to modify the crash bars and trim a little plastic but I wanted a little more offset than I have now as high as it sits up now, I want a little more aggressive stance.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:48 PM

Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by bwaltlsu
man. they aren't rubbing at all anywhere. I am gonna sell these if you are interested. I went with an all gloss black wheel with a negative offset. just ordered them about an hour ago. about an inch total less offset. gonna have to modify the crash bars and trim a little plastic but I wanted a little more offset than I have now as high as it sits up now, I want a little more aggressive stance.
Very tempting. Where are you located? I was starting to learn towards a 0 offset...what did you go with?
Old 06-14-2016, 09:29 PM

I went with a -19 which is probably more than I want but we are talking millimeter differences. I'm gonna see what these look like before I the fuels up for sale. But I think I will be happy. For a little while at least, Unless it rubs everywhere.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:29 PM

And I'm in Baton Rouge

Quick Reply: 2015 Boss Coilovers/Rear reservoir shocks