Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 FX4 Supercrew With King Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 10:31 PM

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Default 2013 FX4 Supercrew With King Suspension

I waited 5 years to finally put the truck together how I wanted. I worked with Ben at Filthy Motorsports in Colorado to have King custom valve/spring 2.5 coilovers and 2.5 rear piggybacks to account for the extra weight I have put on my truck. I got help from the guys at Maximum Automotive in Naperville, IL to install the stuff that frankly I didn't have the time and tools to do efficiently. I'd highly recommend them for anyone in the Chicagoland area.

Quick parts list.
Fab Fours Premium Front and Rear Bumpers
RCI full Steel Skids including the 36 gallon fuel tank skid
Stoptech Brake Kit and Stainless Lines
Pro Comp UCA's and Rear Add a Leaf and longer U bolts
G2 larger rear diff cover
King 2.5 coilovers with 700 lb springs and remote reservoirs
King 2.5 piggybacks
Method 17x8.5 NV wheels
General Tire 35x12.5 X3 tires
KC lighting 30" front, fog cube a pillar for ditches, and fog cube rears for reverse.

Couple notes.
35" tires do require trimming, but it's minor in my eyes
King shocks are amazing thus far, and it doesn't ride like a lumber wagon. Can't wait to get them in the dirt.
The front wheel well sits at 41 1/2" to the center and 41 3/4" in the back wheel well. I started at 36" in front and 37 1/2" in the back due to the weight of the bumpers and skids, which was lower than stock fx4's.
Anyone who tells you that a 35" spare isn't possible hasn't tried hard enough. You remove the metal heat shield and replace with titanium pipe wrap to keep the spare cool. I have driven for 2 hours straight in 95 degree heat multiple times, plus sat in bumper to bumper traffic for an hour without causing heat damage to the cheapy smittybuilt tire cover I put on the spare.
Bumpers are easy to replace, but the front one needs 3 guys cuz damn it's heavy.
RCI skid plates are fantastic. The stock ones are terrible in comparison.
More to come. Planning some trips to Moab, Mojave Desert, and Colorado for the Alpine Loop. Also considering Big Bend in Texas. I like the idea of overland trips and am not a big fan of mud holes. Prefer desert.

Thank you you to all the members on here that I've gathered info from along the way.

Last edited by Kkline; 03-06-2020 at 09:17 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Kkline:
nibrwr (08-27-2018), WhoAteMySoup (11-10-2021)
Old 07-02-2018, 06:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very well put together! Worth the wait.
The following users liked this post:
Kkline (07-03-2018)
Old 07-02-2018, 07:37 PM

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

with that rim and tire setup do you have some "tire poke" outside the fender? It's a mean looking setup. Cant wait to go 35's on my truck.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:54 PM

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts

Very nice. Clean and not overdone!
The following users liked this post:
Kkline (07-03-2018)
Old 07-02-2018, 10:48 PM

Received 497 Likes on 349 Posts

looks good! what kind of rim are you using for your spare?
Old 07-03-2018, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by thebreba
with that rim and tire setup do you have some "tire poke" outside the fender? It's a mean looking setup. Cant wait to go 35's on my truck.
Absolutely the truck would benefit from about 3" fender flares. Problem is nobody makes them that work with the aftermarket front bumper. Alternative is putting fiberglass front fenders on the truck but then the bedsides would need the matching set, and I don't want fiberglass bedsides due to the weaker top rails on them vs the steel. I've yet to chuck a rock but it will come. Lol
Old 07-03-2018, 04:45 PM

[QUOTE=andrewdod;5831808]looks good! what kind of rim are you using for your spare?[/QUOT

Same Methods. I bought 5 of the tires and wheel combo's and am rotating 5 tires now like a jeep. I cutout a plastic piece to keep the spare tire from getting scratched by the spare tire bracket.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:47 AM

[QUOTE=Kkline;5832629]
Originally Posted by andrewdod
looks good! what kind of rim are you using for your spare?[/QUOT

Same Methods. I bought 5 of the tires and wheel combo's and am rotating 5 tires now like a jeep. I cutout a plastic piece to keep the spare tire from getting scratched by the spare tire bracket.
i have a spare 35 laying around but no rim. so this is definitely something i might look into if i can get a rim.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:02 PM

[left][QUOTE=andrewdod;5834062]
Originally Posted by Kkline

i have a spare 35 laying around but no rim. so this is definitely something i might look into if i can get a rim.

just make sure the rim can clear the UCA's with whatever rim you use. I was told that the stock rims wouldn't clear the pro comp UCA's I bought so that led me to have no other choice than to ditch the stock rims including the spare. I haven't personally tested if the stock rim would go on the front of my truck after the upgrade, but I can say those stock UCA's were spent at 50k miles and are nowhere near as robust as the pro comp ones that were put on.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:59 PM

[QUOTE=Kkline;5843376]
Originally Posted by andrewdod

just make sure the rim can clear the UCA's with whatever rim you use. I was told that the stock rims wouldn't clear the pro comp UCA's I bought so that led me to have no other choice than to ditch the stock rims including the spare. I haven't personally tested if the stock rim would go on the front of my truck after the upgrade, but I can say those stock UCA's were spent at 50k miles and are nowhere near as robust as the pro comp ones that were put on.
I'm running 20 inch fuel hostiles at a +1 offset haven't had any problems, but I'm also on a stock uca. I imagine once i get some icons when the ball joint go I won't have any problems though.

Quick Reply: 2013 FX4 Supercrew With King Suspension