Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Not a single EB

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 10:27 PM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Not a single EB

Though I have seen some at dealers I havent personally seen one on the road. I live in the mountians of NC and have yet to see one. Not that there hasnt been any, but I try to notice when a newer truck passes if it has the EB badge. This is a big area for trucks, especially fords so the lack of them is just odd. Next time Im in the dealer Ill ask how many they have sold.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:53 PM
2011 Harley Davidson AWD

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Ditto. I live in Baton Rouge and have been working in Pensacola. I've never seen one on the road either. Ironically, I've seen several Limiteds though. Must not be all that limited lol!
Old 06-27-2011, 11:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've read quite a few people on here talking about taking their badge off. Maybe that is some of it.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:33 AM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

My opinion is its a demographic thing more than anything. I may be totally off base but I think its a Southern thing. We like them big, V8, and loud. The typical everyday truck in this area would IMO % wise be a 3/4 diesel of some variaty. Actually I think a diesel loaded out as a daily driver is more of a status symbol here than anything. Fords are the most previlent, then Chevy, then Dodge, in this area. As one farmer down the road told me one day, quote: (if they made a Ford chainsaw I'd buy it). Very brand loyal customers in certain areas.
Also our area is a very big retirement community also and I think the older folks with trucks wouldnt be as adept to a high tech turbo motor vs a traditional V8. Like I said before I know there out there and I think its a awesome little motor, but I still find it ironic I havent seen a single one with Ford stating their sales % being as high as they are. Unless everyone is taking the badges off which is unlikely but believable.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:20 AM

Received 1,390 Likes on 664 Posts

i know around here dealers cant keep them on the lot. a guy at work has been trying to buy one since they came out but the local dealers cant keep one long enough. ive seen a couple on the road around here.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:13 AM
Haulin Bass!

Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

Lots of them at the dealers in and around Charlotte NC. I bought mine in Charlotte off the lot.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:37 AM

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

I would expect most of the Carolina boys to pass on the 6 cylinders. It just wont sound loud enough when you run the dumb duals straight out the back with the muffler delete.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:04 AM

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by reward69
Though I have seen some at dealers I havent personally seen one on the road. I live in the mountians of NC and have yet to see one. Not that there hasnt been any, but I try to notice when a newer truck passes if it has the EB badge. This is a big area for trucks, especially fords so the lack of them is just odd. Next time Im in the dealer Ill ask how many they have sold.
That's interesting, I guess the area I live in is the opposite. I live in West Texas and pretty much everyone drives trucks (I think the Ford dealership here moves more F150s than just about any other). I went out to their lot and almost all of their higher end trucks were EcoBoost. I asked why that was and he says that's what people were buying. They did have a few 5.0 XLTs and FX4s on the end, but it was predominantly EB.

What was interesting to me is the salesman said that companies that had long sworn off Ford in the 5.4l days were coming back in to buy the EB fleet vehicles. I should make friends with the guys in the service bay because if there are any design flaws in that motor spending 2 years as an oilfield fleet vehicle in the deserts of West Texas will expose them in a hurry.

I do wonder how much pressure Ford is putting on them to sell the EB over the 5.0?
Old 06-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Boost Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

See new ford truckers everywhere, and have seen only a handful of EB. One that comes to mind is a guy that put a Mustang style hood scoop and totally went all nuts on it. Cant believe it, just shake my head when I see it.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had my EB for a little under a month now. During that time period, I haven't seen a single EB on the road. Now, this is my first full size V6 truck which I have ever purchased. I was very skeptical into jumping into a V6 due to the fact that I wouln't like to add an exhaust and sound like a damn rice burner. Lol

Quick Reply: Not a single EB