Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

HELP! Codes P0300 and P0302 showing up

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy HELP! Codes P0300 and P0302 showing up

So I was driving around town after installing some new BOVs on my 2011 f150 ecoboost and accelerated hard one time. As soon as I started accelerating the check engine started flashing and then stayed light. The engine bay is making a rattling noise the whole time the engine is running and gets louder with acceleration until rough 2500-3000rpm. I tried shutting my truck off and starting it again and the noise starts up immediately when the engine is turned on. Im trying to figure out what this is.

Side note I have a 5 star custom tune on my truck for performance/towing. I switched it back to stock and the noise went away. However, I tuned the truck again with the same tune and it started going again.

What could this be?
Attached Files
File Type: avi
IMG_3296.avi (244.8 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by Tayler Thomas; 03-23-2017 at 06:31 PM.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:35 PM

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Well I would contact 5 star asap if you haven't. Maybe check cylinder 2 plugs, coil, injector?? Check for any intake leaks. I don't have an eco, I have a 5.0 but I can tell you whenever I load my 93 octane performance/tow tune with 5 star it almost immediately throws the p0300 code. The truck pretty much won't run on it. Actually did some data logging for Jacob over there. He's been helpful in finding a solution. My 93 race tune with them does not do this and my 93 octane tune from MPT does not either.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by blue5.0
Well I would contact 5 star asap if you haven't. Maybe check cylinder 2 plugs, coil, injector?? Check for any intake leaks. I don't have an eco, I have a 5.0 but I can tell you whenever I load my 93 octane performance/tow tune with 5 star it almost immediately throws the p0300 code. The truck pretty much won't run on it. Actually did some data logging for Jacob over there. He's been helpful in finding a solution. My 93 race tune with them does not do this and my 93 octane tune from MPT does not either.
Thanks for the input! I just sent an email over to the customer service at 5* tuning and mentioned Jacob to see if he could help. Its happening with only when my tunes are installed so hopefully thats the cause and can be fixed.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:25 PM

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Tayler Thomas
Thanks for the input! I just sent an email over to the customer service at 5* tuning and mentioned Jacob to see if he could help. Its happening with only when my tunes are installed so hopefully thats the cause and can be fixed.
Best of luck. I would still check those items I mentioned.... how many miles do you have?
Old 03-23-2017, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by blue5.0
Best of luck. I would still check those items I mentioned.... how many miles do you have?
I will check the plug and coil tomorrow. Never looked at an injector before so I'm not sure how to check those. It was just under 73,000 miles on it so its right about at the time for a tune up