Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Haven't been on here in a while.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 05:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Haven't been on here in a while.

I haven't been on the forum for a good 3-4 months. I've been spending my time on ls1tech and a local car forum. Needless to say I'm pumped about finding out about the new 93 livernois tune. I've been getting bored with my truck and been considering getting a newer duramax. But I think I will try out the new tune first.

I pulled my Camaro for the first time with my ecoboost on the stock tune a few months ago and I must say I was incredibly impressed with how it pulled almost 6000 lbs. im used to 5.3 chevy trucks that pull ok but they dont compare to the ecoboost, it's nice having a truck with low end torque. I'm looking forward to trying out the 93 towing tune.

People asked me a while back about my Camaro and they wanted to see some pictures. Well the car is almost finished after being down for a year. I couldn't finish it, I got in over my head and took it to the guy who built my motor. It is getting tuned and a alignment this week. I won't be able to enjoy it because I'm in the beginning of a month long refinery turnaround and have no free time.

Details on the Camaro are
99 Camaro ss
10 to 1 370 ci
Cts v LSA heads/ls3 intake
Custom turbo cam
76gts turbo on 15 psi controlled by a eboost2
Alky control progressive dual nozzle meth kit
Mwc 9" and a T56 and a twin disk clutch
All adjustable suspension and double adjustable strange coilovers
Zr1s with 315 nto5r for the street
Bogart D10s with Hoosier full slicks for the track.
I kept everything on it like A/C, leather ttops etc
It should easily make 750 whp and 800 wtq.
I will dyno the Camaro and ecoboost on the same day some time in november.
Goals for the car are 10.99 @ 140+ on drag radials and 9.99 @ 140+ with the full slicks.
It is just a street car for now until the truck is paid off in a few years and there is a 08+ C6Z in the driveway. Then I plan on getting serious with the Camaro and putting a bigger turbo and a 4l80e swap in it and make some 8 second passes.
Pictures-

I know the car is filthy but it is getting detailed as soon as I get it back. I will load some more pictures later.

Also my wife and I are expecting our first child in march. We just found out not to long ago. The huge crew cab truck will come in handy lol.

Last edited by heyman; 10-01-2012 at 06:25 AM.
The following users liked this post:
bobkyle2 (10-01-2012)
Old 10-01-2012, 05:45 AM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Congrats on the kid man!
Old 10-01-2012, 05:59 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

Nice!

Congrats on the kiddo
Old 10-01-2012, 06:27 AM

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to it. At first I was wanting a girl but now I'm thinking a boy so I can get him into the little shifter kart races. We find out early November what we are having.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:17 AM

Received 112 Likes on 92 Posts

Nice car but congrats on the kid. We are expecting our second one here in about a month and its the reason we got a new truck haha. We haven't found out either time, kinda cool having the surprise when the baby comes out..
Old 10-01-2012, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rob1334
Nice car but congrats on the kid. We are expecting our second one here in about a month and its the reason we got a new truck haha. We haven't found out either time, kinda cool having the surprise when the baby comes out..
We are going to do one of those finding out with the family parties. My wife is on Pinterest a lot.

And congrats to you to. Idk how I'm going to do this. I'm only 25 and do not feel old/mature enough to be in charge of another life.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:30 PM

Received 461 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by heyman

We are going to do one of those finding out with the family parties. My wife is on Pinterest a lot.

And congrats to you to. Idk how I'm going to do this. I'm only 25 and do not feel old/mature enough to be in charge of another life.
Congrats on the kid. You'll love the livernois tune. And good luck with the maro.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by jcain
Congrats on the kid. You'll love the livernois tune. And good luck with the maro.
Thanks, I already have the old 93 tune. I think I was one of the first people to have one. I'm looking forward to the new tune.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:17 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

i like the first pic....

FORD PULLING A CHEVY.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:21 PM

Received 112 Likes on 92 Posts

I had my masters thesis, worked full-time, finished building our house, got married and our first kid all within 15 months, 26 when we had our son. It's a life changer and I know what ya mean being young and all, but honestly when ya first get to hold them priorities change a lot and life slows down, enjoy the times as they grow up fast... fatherhood is best thing that has ever happened to me.

That a caged car? Looks good so far! Would be pretty fun as a street car thats for sure. Adn yes you are going to love the updates from Livernois.. 4 tunes now on the device if you haven't gotten that yet, and everyone who has used the v2 of the 93 perf. love it so far...

Quick Reply: Haven't been on here in a while.