Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Ecoboost tuner help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 07:06 PM

Received 117 Likes on 103 Posts

I have read everything and i still need help deciding between livernois, 5*, mpt, or unleashed! I want flexibility and drivability. Mostly I run 87 octane but sometime I run 91. HELP!!!! I road in a livernois tuned truck with 97 octane tune and it was impressive. I really love the firm shifting.

Livernois for a basic tuner is 600 bucks. A mpt with sct livewire is also 600 bucks. I would prefer the livewire but I want the best tune with the best results that's safe.

Last edited by TwinTurboFx4; 09-30-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:30 PM

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Also interested, I'd like to hear from people who have used both instead of the common "I have this and I love it" comments.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:23 PM

Received 112 Likes on 92 Posts

Good luck finding a lot of reviews of both. Only one maybe two who have truely tested both SCT and the Livernois tunes...
Old 10-01-2012, 02:07 AM
Resident Piñata

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I think everyone should get the tuner they think meets their needs best. I want what I want, not something to take to the drag strip to squeeze out the last drop of horsepower and torque so I maybe easier to please. I want a few tunes including a tow tune which likely will stay on the truck all the time.

Of all the tuners available you don't hear much about the various types out there on this Forum. I have a Edge EvoHT Tuner coming in Tuesday for my Ecoboost so I should be able to report on that in a week or so.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:00 AM
TTV6>V8

Received 280 Likes on 194 Posts

Without doing the whole buy this cuz I love it....When I was checking out tunes I decided to go with the SCT so I had more options. The Livernois has the best times at the drag strip but they have their own tuner that only runs Livernois. SCT will run all of the other tunes, so you could have 5*, MPT, or unleashed.
It's pretty much going to be up to you in the end regardless because from what I've read on this forum all these companies make a great tune. It seems to me that 5* and Livernois are the most popular. I chose 5* and might check out MPT down the road. Hope this helps your decision making.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:19 AM

Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

I don't think you could go wrong with Sct or Livernois. I have tried them both. I prefer Livernois. It seems like they are always trying to make there tunes better. I am running the 93v2 and like it a lot. I didn't base my decision on hardware because once it loaded on the truck it is going to stay on there. Good luck on your decision I am sure you will be happy with either one.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:22 AM

Received 117 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by focus289
I don't think you could go wrong with Sct or Livernois. I have tried them both. I prefer Livernois. It seems like they are always trying to make there tunes better. I am running the 93v2 and like it a lot. I didn't base my decision on hardware because once it loaded on the truck it is going to stay on there. Good luck on your decision I am sure you will be happy with either one.
I'm leaning towards livernois at the moment.

Quick Reply: Ecoboost tuner help!!