Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Ecoboost exhaust dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 05:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ecoboost exhaust dyno results

Names Sean, have a 2011 f 150 XLT 3.55 crew with 6.5 bed...no problems with the truck and it great...

I'm really wanting to get a exhaust for my ecoboost...I'm having trouble in picking which is best. I want to get the best performance results I can...more hp, mpg, etc.. Not really caring bout the sound cus i know its not a V8...I really like the turbo sound and would like to hear that better. I've seen lots of threads on here and different places but I can't find the dyno results and real world people that are using the systems and are getting good results. All I can find so it seems are claims of what the systems can do. If anyone can help out it would be great...What systems there are with pic/ dyno?

Also I already have an airaid intake running on the truck.
Old 12-25-2011, 05:58 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Im sure any of them that open up the system over stock are gonna yield the same results. I think the Flowmaster 40 series that folks have on, sounds real good on the Eco. I would like to hear what their ECO specific system sounds like?
Old 12-25-2011, 06:06 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

So far I haven't seen anything that just is wow. As far as performance bigger and more flow is better. Heartthrob and Banks has the biggest diameter tubing at 4in. I am not sure how awesome the mufflers the use are though. Flowmaster has decent sound but never does good on the flow bench. I would wait a little longer to see what comes out. I think I am going to visit a decent local diesel shop and see if they have high flow mufflers to go with some 4in tuning.
Old 12-25-2011, 07:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So u think that performance wish they all are bout the same with the increase power and mpg... I figured big would be better but like u said can't really find anything that's a wow...I've only found one dyno and it's with the heartthrob. They claim 40 rwhp gain but like alot of guys not sure if the truck had that from just the exhaust...plus there system isn't stainless steal...think a stainless steal would be better.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:22 PM

Received 502 Likes on 324 Posts

Sean I have studyed claims made by tuners.cai venders and exhaust venders and untill some one is able to crack the ECM that controls the boost by closing the throttle down I dont think there are any performance gains to be had over the stock intake and exhaust the only difference you will see is sound.the factory intake is already able to pass more air than the ECM will let into the engine and the exhaust is large and straight through design the biggest restriction is the turbos them selves just my $.02 based on the limeted info out there and a long histery of working on turbo engines. this does not aply to diesel engines that have no throttle just fuel control Best of luck in your quest Bubbabud .2011 XLT SCAB Ecoboost

Quick Reply: Ecoboost exhaust dyno results