Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Chasing a P0430 Code 2011 Ecoboost

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Chasing a P0430 Code 2011 Ecoboost

New to the forum and I am chasing the cause of an 0430 code. Bank 2 Efficiency below threshold.

I have the Torque Pro app on my phone and an ELM connected.

First thing I did was check the voltage of the O2 downstream sensors. Bank 1 was steady. Bank 2 was wild. I swapped the downstream sensors and got the same voltage reading, so I bought a Cat and replaced that. Cleared the code and it came back. In the mean time, I pulled the plugs on bank 2, used my endoscope to check the cylinders for water leak, all 3 carboned properly and no shine = no leak. (Side note, I checked the cylinders because I was having to refill about a gallon every month of coolant in the reservoir. FYI, it leaks at the hose to tank connection. I never saw a drip because dirt was soaking up the slow coolant leak. It's either the O-ring or a crack in the reservoir.)

Rock Auto and 2 days later I replaced the upstream O2 sensor. Cleared the code and it came back. Changed spark plugs because I have 116K miles and the electrodes were rounded and .045 gap.

Upon searching many forums I saw there was a TSB for my 2011 F150 that required a new Cat (check) and a reflash of the PCM. I was at the dealer this morning (for the recall transmission flash) and upon returning from a long series of drives this afternoon the P0430 code came back.

I am at a loss trying to chase this code. I have til the end of November before I have to get it inspected. I've visually checked all the vacuum hoses, cleaned the MAF sensors in the intake and tubes (all 3.)

Where and what can I do next to fix this code? Is there something I should go back and check? Fuel trim? Again, I have the Torque Pro app and have access to a lot of info but maybe not enough.

Please, I need a lead. Thanks for your time.
Old 08-22-2019, 12:30 AM

Did you ever find a fix to your P0430 code problem?
Old 03-16-2021, 10:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did u ever find a fix. My 2012 is doing the same thing. Chasing my tail.
Old 08-28-2021, 12:30 PM

Default P0340

Originally Posted by FrustratedTruckGuy
Did u ever find a fix. My 2012 is doing the same thing. Chasing my tail.
2011 Ford F150 3.7L
I had the P0340 code. I changed every sensor on the exhaust. I changed all four camshaft sensors. It ended up being a wire on the camshaft sensor.
you can try to reach the camshaft sensors from behind the tires. They're on near the top of the engine on the back.

Quick Reply: Chasing a P0430 Code 2011 Ecoboost