Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Any reason for concern, random misfire?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 07:08 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Any reason for concern, random misfire?

My truck sat for a couple days ('12 5.0 FX4) during the bad snow and ice we had in the south and I had driven my truck a couple times since then and just recently had a CEL for a P300 I think for a random misfire. I noticed the truck idled a little rough but had normal power. I cleared the code and have not noticed any problems since. The truck has had the same plugs since I bought it and has 36k miles.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like to me it needs a PCM reprogram to help keep that false p0300 from occurring, have you had the pcm re-flashed for any other reason since you've had your truck?
Old 02-20-2014, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Georgia FX4
My truck sat for a couple days ('12 5.0 FX4) during the bad snow and ice we had in the south and I had driven my truck a couple times since then and just recently had a CEL for a P300 I think for a random misfire. I noticed the truck idled a little rough but had normal power. I cleared the code and have not noticed any problems since. The truck has had the same plugs since I bought it and has 36k miles.
Mine has done the same thing 3 separate times after sitting a few days in cold weather. each time was while I was getting on interstate merging under power. My tuner has seen it from other trucks as well. I'm thinkin it may could have something to do w/ the ethanol In the gas(collecting water and then separating out due to the truck not moving for a while). Of course that's just my ignorant opinion...
Old 02-20-2014, 10:02 AM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by Georgia FX4
My truck sat for a couple days ('12 5.0 FX4) during the bad snow and ice we had in the south and I had driven my truck a couple times since then and just recently had a CEL for a P300 I think for a random misfire...
Originally Posted by Pj214
Mine has done the same thing 3 separate times after sitting a few days in cold weather...
Hi Georgia FX4 and Pj214,

You can always bring this to the attention of your dealership so they can document and diagnose it. After your appointment, feel free to contact me if you need any assistance. Just PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership; I'll look into some options to help.

Crystal
Old 02-20-2014, 06:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got the P0300 in my '12 EcoBoost. Studded under acceleration while tunes. De-tuned, seems ok. Haven't done the plugs yet, 28,020 on the clock now.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:26 AM

As what Crystal from ford customer service said, bring them in and have them get looked at, the more people you have complain about a similar concern the quicker engineering will be to investigate if there is a concern, and pj214 you right about water/ethanol settling down and causing a concern like that, in my truck i had a p0316 keep popping up and a rougher than usual idle when cold and it was because of to much water in my gas tank, But Schulzie have you experienced loss of power and flashing check engine light also? I've seen a couple of ecoboost in the shop for the tsb about CAC problem
Old 02-22-2014, 09:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have not had the loss of power or flashing light. Only reason I saw the code is when I tuned to stock to check it out. I've gone back to tuned, and it's ok. Once, months ago, I had the shudder, loss of power. I'd been driving in rain steady for several hours, got on it to pass and it came on. But never since. Didn't do the TSB or anything.

Quick Reply: Any reason for concern, random misfire?