Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

2011 F150 Ecoboost blew engine

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 05:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello everyone, I just wanted to share my recent experience with my 2011 F150 screw 4x4 lariat Ecoboost 44,000 miles.

Just a month ago I was a happy camper running 13's at the track with the full Livernois performance set-up (tuner,catted down pipes, k&n intake and catback exhaust) and new 170 thermostat that I never got to install.

Long story short just after installing the 93v10 tune maybe a couple of weeks later I started feeling engine hesitation that would go alway and then come back I decided to ignore it after trying many quick fixes and nothing worked.

One morning I turned on my truck ready to go to work when I heard marbles inside my engine I immediately turned it off checked a few things then turned it on again. I've heard that before on other vehicles and I know these are not good news. So I ran the truck to see if it went away and it didn't. Performance was not affected for some reason.

So to the dealer I go luckily I have friends there and the truck was still under factory warranty. Of course I took all my mods off and put it back to stock.

One month later I got my truck back with a new engine!
(Piston 5 had broken inside)
After this experience I wasn't happy with my truck anymore and decided to sell it back to the dealership.

I know what some of you are thinking.
During this ordeal Livernois and I were emailing back and forth to figure out what caused it. After careful investigation Livernois was not to blame at all.
The issue was a "casting problem" according to ford.

See forum classified rules please. If you just want to sell your mods, take pics and post them in classifieds. F150 Moderator

Last edited by Franchi Motorsports; 08-04-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:18 PM

Received 461 Likes on 310 Posts

Pretty long winded post for only wanting wanting to sale some used parts.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:27 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jcain
Pretty long winded post for only wanting wanting to sale some used parts.
Well I thought I would kill 2 birds with one stone haha share my story and sell the mods. Everyone loves the story behind the used parts.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:30 PM

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

pm sent

Quick Reply: 2011 F150 Ecoboost blew engine