Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

2011 ac problems with ac seat

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 06:27 PM

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2011 ac problems with ac seat

I have a 2011 screw lariat with 5.0. For a little while now my ac would randomly turn off and then come on and off for a few minutes until it finally decided to come back on. I just linked this to when I use the AC seat. I’m not sure what it is but when I use the ac seat I’ll hear a click (sounds like it’s from console but probably from under driver seat) and the ac seat will turn off but the lights are still on on the button. When this happens all ac controls are dead and then a few seconds later it will just turn off. While it’s off on the screen it still says it’s on and says the temp and fan level. It will come on for a few seconds then off and lee doing that. I’m not sure what it is, and in this Louisiana heat you can probably assume my frustration level. Any ideas on what this is or any possible fix?? Please help before I literally melt! Thanks!
Old 10-19-2018, 06:29 PM

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I should also add that when I don’t use the ac seat the ac works flawlessly. My ac also went out last summer (2017) and was fixed and this didn’t start happening until about 6 months ago
Old 11-14-2018, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/c Seat

I had that problem with mine I had to put. New blower assembly under the drivers seat it seems when one breaks it shuts the other one down. The plastic connecting the blower to the heating element cracked so it stopped working.

Quick Reply: 2011 ac problems with ac seat