Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When did BAKFlip MX4 get corner pieces?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2024, 07:04 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Default When did BAKFlip MX4 get corner pieces?

I recently ordered a BAKFlip MX4 which, after FedEx was done sending it all over the midwest, finally showed up yesterday. Today I was excited get it installed. I unboxed it and found two of the plastic rounded corner pieces broken off of the cover. Upon closer inspection, the failure point on these is incredibly obvious, as they're only attached by a piece of plastic that is about 1/16" wide. Although the site where I ordered the cover from doesn't have any closeup pics, on their competitor's site (realtruck.com) there is a closeup of the MX4, and it is a different design that doesn't have the rounded corner pieces. It actually looks nearly identical to the last BAK I purchased in 2010.

Are the corner pieces the newest design, and if so, why did BAK change their design to incorporate these? Not only are they a weak point, but they wouldn't even be necessary if they would run the seal the entire length of the cover like they apparently had done previously. BAK should be embarrassed, especially since they advertise that they are made in the USA, that they have such an obvious weak point of failure on their covers. How do they think that level of quality is acceptable on a cover that costs over $1k?

I sent an email with pics to the seller and am currently awaiting a response. I don't know if they will simply send new corner pieces, or if I'll be able to send it back for something else. I had considered the Revolver X4s, but have concerns that the vinyl will fade over time. At least with a folding hard cover if it fades I can paint it easily.

Quick Reply: When did BAKFlip MX4 get corner pieces?