Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vortex liner vs the others

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vortex liner vs the others

I have a 2011 f150 eco and hate the plastic bed liner in it and was thinking a spray in...the Vortex goes in heated and is dry in seconds and is sprayed in at a low volume as opposed to the others that are greasy and nasty looking that take awhile to dry from what Ive seen.. anybody have one of the votex spray ins or am I out of line on the others? Whats better and why? Thanks
Old 04-27-2012, 10:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hard to beat the LineX and it dries in seconds as well. I used to spray superliner at a job I had. It was a pretty good product. It took a little longer to dry and was a little more glossy than lineX. I have LineX in my 2012 now
Old 04-28-2012, 08:18 AM

I am also considering buying a company that puts these liners in...just curious as to how they compare as I may be selling them also.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:39 AM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Why don't you like the factory one?
Old 04-28-2012, 11:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by *TWISTER*
I am also considering buying a company that puts these liners in...just curious as to how they compare as I may be selling them also.
I worked for a small welding company in a small town that at the time didn't have anyone with 50 miles who did liners. The owner erected a booth near his shop and we sprayed the superliner using air gun and texture hopper. It worked really good. I admit it wasn't as sophisticated as lineX but it was strong and they held up. He was also able to do it a lot cheaper than LineX
Old 04-28-2012, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by PistonPuller
I worked for a small welding company in a small town that at the time didn't have anyone with 50 miles who did liners. The owner erected a booth near his shop and we sprayed the superliner using air gun and texture hopper. It worked really good. I admit it wasn't as sophisticated as lineX but it was strong and they held up. He was also able to do it a lot cheaper than LineX
The liner in it now is a drop in and everything slides around and is driving me nuts. There is no liner installer within 40 miles of me and the vortex business is something i may also incorperate into a commercial building business i work for. Just wanted some opinions on liners people have for pros and cons of what they like and dislike.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:13 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Vortex is low pressure, VERY low pressure. Most other low pressure bedliners are applied at about 100 psi, but Vortex is applied at only 8 psi. The bad news there is that it may really have that gouped on look. Vortex is aromatic and will fade unless you get a UV topcoat. They to not offer a nationwide warranty.

I realize they are convenient for you and you probably will be OK. But, LINE-X Premium along with their warranty if pretty hard to beat.

You might want to check out the Vortex dealer's work before you go for it. If he's not a good applicator, you will get like the Vortex pics below.
Name:  Vortex8.jpg
Views: 3345
Size:  85.9 KB

Name:  Vortex3.jpg
Views: 2350
Size:  39.2 KB

Last edited by Stage4; 05-02-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:33 PM
I piss excellence.

Does anyone on here have the Rhino Liner? There's a shop in town that installs them, and I was going to go get a quote this week.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:33 AM

I am no expert on liners but that Vortex liner is the applicators fault..looks like they sprayed wet over wet.. which means instead of making one coat then going back over it the made 3-4 coats all at once. I have seen it applied by a pro and they used wet over wet to do a stenciled in emblem in the bed that is shiney , thanks for the info though. I appreciate anything right now. I did some checking around and the Rhino lining is $525+tax. Votex is $350 OTD.. Im sure the Rhino may be better but they need the truck for overnite as oppesed to a couple of hours for the Votex. Im stilll looking into this.Thanks again

Quick Reply: Vortex liner vs the others