Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Undercover Flex review

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 10:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Undercover Flex review

Hello F150 Forum readers.

I wanted to share my thoughts on my new bed/tonneau cover for my 2016 F150 SCREW XLT Sport shortbed. I searched and did extensive research on covers and settled on the Undercover Flex and thought a review might help other in their search.

Purchase:
I sought pricing from the F150 Forum and found the best deal through Truck Alteration, Kyle was great to work with and offered a great value with fast shipping. He supplied up to date information during the purchase process and I will certainly check with him in the future as I add mods to 'ole red'.

Shipping and Arrival:
The cover arrived within a week of ordering it, surprising considering its size. It came FedEx and without damage. I opened the box and checked for all items included. The packaging was solid and protective with plenty of bubble wrap.

Installation:
I immediately read the installation instructions (recommended, I am a nerd on this). The instructions were pretty easy to understand and clear with some pictures. I also watched a youtube video that helped in the process. Overall it took about 30 minutes to install with little effort, probably a 1.5-2.0 in difficulty with minimal tools. I am still working to get the fit just like I like it, height above the side rails and tailgate but overall I like the cover (I'll cover some cons later in this post). What I like most about the Undercover Flex is the support rods for the cover when used in the folded position. This function enables two things: 1. truck operation with the cover in the open position, 2. The cover does not lay against the cab as other do (I like this the most).

Product Quality:
My biggest disappointment is in the finished product. I expected so much more from a company like Undecover. Each panel of the cover has rubber seals that are glued to the edges, there was assembly glue in places, I would expect more care in finish. The rubber lip around the exterior of the cover doesn't lay flat in spots, mostly due to the product being boxed since production. I am hoping the seal with flatten out with time in the sun. Overall the product appears to be constructed with quality material, but fit and finish is a dis-appointment.

Overall:
I love this cover and would recommend it to anyone looking for a hard folding bed cover. It hasn't rained since I installed the cover so I can't speak to the weather resistance, but looking at it I am sure it will perform well.

I hope this helps and THANK YOU to Kyle at Truck Altercations for hooking me up, I am sure he would love to do the same for you.