Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck Tool Boxes

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 12:12 AM
Texas A&M Aggie

Received 1,344 Likes on 976 Posts

Default Truck Tool Boxes

Alright everyone. Unfortunately I'm having to look for a new truck tool box. My Tractor Supply one isn't holding up. The lid for some reason is shifting forward and causing the welds to split and actually tearing the metal to the point it leaks water if I run through a carwash. It won't be long until it leaks from rain and I can't have that. So here I am looking for a new toolbox as I'd prefer not to go back with TS for obvious reasons. I'd like a box that can be sat on or stood on without damage as I'm a college student and people like to use it as a seat until I notice and tell them to get down. I've came across Brute/unique truck accessories boxes that are stout and pretty cheap but can't find any reviews. I've also seen the Better Built brand which also advertises that they can be stood on. Anyone have experience with either of these brands to support their claims or any other recommendations?
Old 06-04-2014, 07:55 AM

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by tareed94
Alright everyone. Unfortunately I'm having to look for a new truck tool box. My Tractor Supply one isn't holding up. The lid for some reason is shifting forward and causing the welds to split and actually tearing the metal to the point it leaks water if I run through a carwash. It won't be long until it leaks from rain and I can't have that. So here I am looking for a new toolbox as I'd prefer not to go back with TS for obvious reasons. I'd like a box that can be sat on or stood on without damage as I'm a college student and people like to use it as a seat until I notice and tell them to get down. I've came across Brute/unique truck accessories boxes that are stout and pretty cheap but can't find any reviews. I've also seen the Better Built brand which also advertises that they can be stood on. Anyone have experience with either of these brands to support their claims or any other recommendations?
They sell the Better Built brand at Lowe's. It's what I have. I wouldn't want to stand on it and jump up and down; but I have stood on it a few times without denting the lid. It's plenty sturdy to be sat on, though.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:54 AM

Received 223 Likes on 153 Posts

UWS or bust.

I have a black low profile box and sit and stand on it all day long.

Never leaks even in torrential downpours and fits everything I need and more in it.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:02 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

The best boxes are either Weatherguard or RKI, but they are expensive! UWS is a good consumer grade box, but is not as good as Weatherguard or RKI.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:15 AM
Texas A&M Aggie

UWS is definitely a thought. I've heard a lot of good things about them. I liked the brute commercial grade toolbox but when it was $800+ I didn't like it as much anymore. Same deal with weather guard. Get what you pay for though... Anyone know what could cause it to do this? The lid is basically unfolding it seems like.Name:  image_zpse5d3a65c.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  63.0 KB

Last edited by tareed94; 06-06-2014 at 12:21 AM.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:17 AM
Mountain Dew Guy

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Get a jobox! Best out there!
Old 06-20-2014, 08:53 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Check out "Decked" and their line. They look pretty amazing to me
http://decked.com/
Old 06-20-2014, 09:39 PM
Texas A&M Aggie

Originally Posted by Sherwood
Check out "Decked" and their line. They look pretty amazing to me
http://decked.com/
Very cool! Out of my price range though... Unless they want to sponsor me. Haha. I'm looking to spend $300-$500
Old 06-21-2014, 11:04 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tareed94
Very cool! Out of my price range though... Unless they want to sponsor me. Haha. I'm looking to spend $300-$500
hah yeah my thoughts exactly. I know most guys in the oil patch here have custom built boxes. Just made out of wood but they can get pretty elaborate, everything you could possibly need. Still around 4 or 500 bucks though, but worth it

Quick Reply: Truck Tool Boxes