Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tri fold tonneau covers

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 05:49 PM

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Tri fold tonneau covers

The kids are starting to go camping/hunting with me so I'm losing cab space for dry storage. Wife says no to a camper shell. I want something that has some security (lockable) but don't want to lose the truck bed to a fiberglass cover, so I'm looking at the tri-folds. Any advise/suggestions on them?
Old 04-13-2018, 09:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’m in the same boat so to speak. I’m very intrigued with the diamondback cover. Not a tri fold but very rugged and durable. Also very pricey. Let us know what you go with.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:53 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I had the Bakflip G2 on my F350 and just ordered the Bakflip MX4 for my 150. I'll report back in once I get the new one installed. The last one was very easy to install and kept the bed very dry. Even going through a car wash and the high power air dryer, it maybe got a few dribbles in at the rear corner. I do recommend using the tailgate seal too. Got it from tonneaucovers world for $883 no tax and free shipping.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:59 PM
Platinum Vendor

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

The hard folding/rolling covers are going to be the most popular ones we offer. As far as being secured these will get the job done and allow for you to get your cab back.
Currently, the most popular models would be the Bak MX4, Revolver X2/X4, UnderCover Ultra Flex, and Access LoMax cover. If you have questions on any of the covers or options please let me know.
Also, I saw someone posted about the Diamondback covers. They are solid durable options, but you do double the cost and also they will not allow for much bed access unless taken off.

You can contact us at 877-216-5446 or PM any of us.
Kyle@RealTruck – ext 1301 kyle.carson@realtruck.com
Zach@RealTruck – Ext 1289 or email zach.garafola@realtruck.com
https://www.realtruck.com/
Old 04-23-2018, 09:59 PM
2014 XLT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like my my Extang Solid Fold, three years in service. 99% watertight (have tailgate seal), and inside latch makes the bed secure when tailgate is locked. Easy to fold to front section to load bed or remove if full open bed is needed.
The following users liked this post:
BCMIF150 (04-25-2018)
Old 04-24-2018, 02:51 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBadAllis
I had the Bakflip G2 on my F350 and just ordered the Bakflip MX4 for my 150. I'll report back in once I get the new one installed. The last one was very easy to install and kept the bed very dry. Even going through a car wash and the high power air dryer, it maybe got a few dribbles in at the rear corner. I do recommend using the tailgate seal too. Got it from tonneaucovers world for $883 no tax and free shipping.
i second the mx4. super easy install, keeps out about 99% of the water and looks great. while it isn't a locking cover itself you can't get to it to open if the tailgate is locked, and the tailgate can be used no matter the position of the cover.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:19 PM
Been there, done that

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lomax. Brilliant design, secure, looks sharp, easy to fold or remove.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:47 PM

Received 669 Likes on 459 Posts

Another vote for the Extang Solid Fold. It's light enough for one person to remove in 5 minutes but still very secure when on the truck.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:23 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

List of some hard folding covers:

Access LOMAX, 3-year warranty
Bakflip F1, 3-year warranty
Bakflip Fibermax, 2-year warranty
Bakflip MX4, 3-year warranty
Bakflip G2, 1-year warranty
Diamondback (SE and HD), limited lifetime warranty
Extang Oncore, 3-year warranty
Extang Solid Fold 2.0, 3-year warranty
Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite, 2-year warranty
Truck Gear by LINE-X (gloss finish, similar to Bakflip Fibermax), limited lifetime warranty
Truck Gear by LINE-X (matte finish, same as Bakflip MX4), limited lifetime warranty
Undercover Flex, 3-year warranty
Undercover Ultra Flex, 5-year warranty

Last edited by Stage4; 04-25-2018 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:27 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by nineball
i second the mx4. super easy install, keeps out about 99% of the water and looks great. while it isn't a locking cover itself you can't get to it to open if the tailgate is locked, and the tailgate can be used no matter the position of the cover.
Installed the MX4. Just as easy as the G2. Install is the same. Had my 10 year old help which was a bonus. Went through the car wash and had very little water drips by the tailgate. Later the same day I installed the tailgate seal. I will report back in once I go through the wash again and the amount of water that enters the back.

Quick Reply: Tri fold tonneau covers