Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tow mirror upgrade 1AAUTO

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tow mirror upgrade 1AAUTO

Has anyone tried the upgrade tow mirrors shown on 1AAUTO. I have a late model 18' XLT and would really like to have the tow mirrors.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:25 PM

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

If your temperature sensor is in your passenger side mirror then these will not work for you. Look on the bottom of the mirror housing to find out. The change was made during the 2018 production run.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:27 AM

Default Confused

Just checked their FAQ's and they say the sensor is in the upgrade mirror.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:24 AM

Received 87 Likes on 53 Posts

Looking at these too, and I have a 17 so the sensor is not relevant to me. Anyone have any comments on these? Did a review search here and didn't find anything yet. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Video

1 A Auto has a nice hour or so video on step by step. I did not need the auto fold out so I went with a 200.00 set and I went to the junk yard and cut out a door wiring harness so I can use the OEM pins when connecting up my extra pigtails as I will be going from 8 pin to 22 pin. With these pins I can plug them into my harness that is located between the door and the body of the truck.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:45 PM

I ordered the Trail Ridge mirrors (Part#1AMRP01960) that were listed on the website to be compatible with my 2018 F150. I had been eyeing these mirrors for awhile and was excited to finally get a set installed on my ride. However, after delivery, I was disappointed that he mirrors DID NOT have the temperature sensor on the passenger side mirror.

A call to 1Aauto was made where a staff member confirmed that the mirrors were NOT compatible with my truck because it did not have a temperature sensor located within the mirror. I was further disappointed that the 1Aauto staff member argued with me and concluded that it was MY fault that the part was not compatible with my truck, that it was my error for ordering the kit and that I would have to EAT the return shipping cost if i wanted a refund for the tow mirrors.

DO NOT buy this product (Part#1AMRP01960) if your truck was built on or after 3/2018.

The 1Aauto representative mentioned that there weren't any tow mirrors that are compatible for my 3/2018 XLT. However Trail Ridge is working on updated tow mirrors kit which will include the ambient temperature sensor and will possibly be available late 2019.DO NOT buy this product (Part#1AMRP01960) if your truck was built on or after 3/2018.

Update: After refusing to pay return shipping (52 lbs. package), multiple emails were sent to 1Aauto, 1Aauto agreed that an error was made by a 1Aauto staff member on the product’s Q &A section of the webpage which incorrectly stated that the ambient sensor was included. 1Aauto has since sent me a prepaid ups return label and the product was returned. However, I noticed they did not make any correction to the products webpage information.

Last edited by Boat Hauler; 03-05-2019 at 11:59 PM. Reason: additional information.
Old 02-22-2019, 03:52 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I purchased the 1AMRP01960 mirrors from them and they work OK. I haven't gotten around to hooking up all the extra stuff like the folding option, I am going to do that when I upgrade my speakers. Also, I'm not sure about the temperature thing, but the temperature still shows on my Sync 3 and is fairly accurate.

Quick Reply: Tow mirror upgrade 1AAUTO