Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tonneau Covers -Undercover vs. Backflip

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tonneau Covers -Undercover vs. Backflip

I've been searching the forum for reviews on both running boards / power steps and for tonneau covers.

I think really the best bang for my buck right now is a tonneau cover. I'll keep the bed clean from the start and worry about steps later.

Anyways, the meat... I've narrowed it down to a hard folding cover. I really like the flush mounted backflips, they just look clean and are very functional. Loading gear on top while securing valuables underneath is exactly what I need.

What is the real world difference between the F1, the G2, the HD and the Fibermax?

It looks like some of them have three panels and others have four panels.

Then there is the Undercover cover which looks exactly like the backflip's... I can only find them on Summitracing.com and they are cheaper...

Anybody know? I don't want to be a guinea pig.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate guinea pigs.

Anyway, the F1, G2, and HD are the same cover besides the thickness and material used for the panels.
F1= 1/2" fiberglass reinforced polymer
HD= 5/8" aluminum panels
G2= 1/2" aluminum panels

(these are listed in order of strength/load capacity, highest on top)

The Fibermax has an FRP outerpanel, an Aluminum inner panel, and lower profile hinges. I think there are some other small differences but I cant tell. The Fibermax has about the same strength as the HD.
I dont know a whole lot about the Flex beside the fact that it loooks like it shares the same features as the F1.

Check Out eTonneauCover.com, that's where i got all my information. Although i don't see the Undercover Flex on there, they have lots of videos of the BakFlip. For the money the Fibermax sounds good since it seems to be the newest out of all of them.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently bought an Extang revolution and have been really satisfied. Although mine is a roll up soft cover. If you are looking for a hardcover both undercover and bestop are very reputable brands. They have both built a great brand from providing excellent products, so you really can't go wrong either way from a brand perspective.

Once you hone in on which product you would like make sure to check out the factory outlets of both companies before buying to compare pricing.

http://www.undercoverfactoryoutlet.com
http://www.besttopfactoryoutlet.com

Make sure you call them instead of buying online. They can give you a lot better pricing over the phone, as they are not allowed to disclose discounts on the internet. Being that they are both factory outlets, if you don't see it online give them a call and they will undoubtedly have whatever you are looking for.
The following users liked this post:
elbo (09-10-2012)

Quick Reply: Tonneau Covers -Undercover vs. Backflip