Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thule roof rack problems fixed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thule roof rack problems fixed?

My 2006 Nissan Xterra is nearing the end and I have compiled the "short list" of vehicles to replace it - the F-150 is on the list Having roof racks is important for me as kayaks, canoes, etc. need to be transported. I know the Xporter (bed rack) is an option, but also looking into conventional roof racks.

I searched the archives and found folks had difficulty with the Thule racks in the past (pinched weatherstripping in the doors, doors not shutting properly). I contacted Thule and they told me recent (2017 / 2018) F-150s do not have these problems because Thule has modified their design and also uses a rubber seal fit kit.

Anyone with Thule racks on a new F-150 that can give me the "straight goods"?
Old 03-09-2018, 01:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tule roof rack on 2018 F-150

I recently traded up to a new 2018 F-150 and had to only replace the mounting kit for the F-150, had the racks on a Tacoma. Rack fits nice and tight with no problems of the doors not closing tight. Only issue I seem to think is the vibration of the rack on the roof of truck! Was wondering if it has anything to do with the body being aluminum!!

Quick Reply: Thule roof rack problems fixed?